Still learning 2 years out....

PBJ
on 9/10/12 7:09 am
I am over 2 years out from my VSG and Have been at goal for quite a while now..and feel great.  However, I guess I am still learning and I wanted to share with you what I learned!  I need accountablility!!..and I think I always will.  Since my VSG I have always been a daily weigher....first thing in the am I get on the scale.  (before my VSG...I NEVER went on the scale...denial!!)...So about 2 months ago I stopped going on the scale first thing every am...don't know why but I just stopped.  Then last week I did and I was up 9 lbs!!  I was so mad at myself....I had not realized that I had starting letting little things "creep" into my daily diet...and not drinking my water the way I know that I should.  It was a real eye opener for me....and now it is back on the scale daily! (and it is already going down in the right direction!)  I need that daily accountability...it really does keep me on tract.  I do have about a 3 lb fluctuation that I am ok with....but not this!  I have worked too hard to get here..I am not going back ever!  So learn from me..if you are a daily scale watcher...don't stop!  Do whatever it is that keeps you accountable!

Have a great sleeve friendly day!

Patty
My weight loss journey                                                    
jday305
on 9/10/12 7:59 am
Good lesson.  I also check the scale at least 3-4 times a week; I just cant help but want to see how I am progressing.  I am only 2 months out today but know I will also have to be accountable for my food choices for the rest of my life.  I dont want to get back into my bad eating habits.  Thanks for the info.

HW 417 SW 360 CW 251 GW 250 Height 6' 5"  Surgery on July 17, 2012

loverofcats
on 9/10/12 8:17 am
Good for you for catching it early!! Thanks for the lesson. I also continue to weigh daily and to track my food. Becoming mindless is what led to us becoming morbidly obese in the first place. I also need the accountability that daily weighing and food tracking provides. We have worked too hard, to go backwards.

((HUGS))

Gail
     "          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

Crabadams72
on 9/10/12 8:40 am - Silver Spring, MD
Good lesson.
I weigh daily. Sometimes at night too. I gained a lot of weight by ignoring the scale. I'll never do that again. I might even buy a extra scale to keep in the closet in case this one dies!
I read a magazine article that said people that weigh often are more likely to keep the weight off. I believe it. You have to catch the gain early.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

Jp2lose
on 9/10/12 2:29 pm - Omaha, NE
I had the same problem earlier this summer. I had been running so much that it seemed like I could eat whatever I wanted and the scale never moved. I stopped weighing everyday and cut back on my running and had a 5 lb creep.

It's taking me a long time to get it back off. I've upped my running miles again and I've lost 3 of the lbs, but its taken me over a month to get them off.

anninva
on 9/10/12 2:44 pm - Arlington, VA
VSG on 01/10/11 with
hi guys,

good post!  i've always been a weekly weigher and then the last couple of monhs i've just been waiting 'til i see my NUT once a month AND eating crap.  seeing her Weds and expecting the worst.  so, back on the weekly scale i go!  i'm going on 2 yrs out and this is the hard part, i know!

my dumb move lately (why?!?!?) is drinking while eating.  so many reasons not to -- including the fact that the food just comes flooding back up!  Gug!

Tales from the trenches!

Ann             LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat           

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Lee ~
on 9/10/12 4:19 pm - CA
 Good job catching it early my friend.  I bet we'll be daily weighers for life.  It's so much better than the alternative.  My scale reminds me every morning what my job is.  I'm glad you're seeing progress so quickly!

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

frisco
on 9/11/12 8:44 pm

Hey Peanut Butter & Jelly......

That's where my mind goes when I see your name......yah.... I still have issues.....

I'm afraid the learning on this thing is ongoing......

Seems the more I learn..... the more questions I have..... or an alternate route I may try......

If we ever thought we could just have surgery, lose the weight, than get back into life without any effort..... we thought wrong......

I sometimes feel like a crackhead at those support groups..... we're all crackheads and Dr.C given out the crack......and if I want the real good stuff..... I make an appointment to see him........

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

PBJ
on 9/12/12 6:34 am
You are so right Frisco....  We really are like crack heards!! 

Need just as much support now as I did early on...just in a different way...that is why I am so thankful for OH and the support group!

See ya next month!

PBJ
My weight loss journey                                                    
doggz109
on 9/11/12 11:50 pm - CA
VSG on 01/12/12
Hi PBJ!  Hey....we both had Dr. Wetter.....isn't he great?  

I am eight months out and still losing but thanks for this great reminder.....it is very helpful to have something each day to keep you accountable....whether it is the scale, journaling, exercise..its all good.

Most Active