Starting to think I got the wrong surgery...

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 9/11/12 7:05 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 I have been on this sight for months reading and asking questions and the most important question I had was did your type 2 diabetes get better after the VSG? Everyone I talked with said yes so I chose the VSG even though my surgeon wanted me to do the roux-en-Y. I was and still am not happy with the idea of re routing my intestines. The thing that sucks though is I am about 4 weeks post op and I still need insulin I have reduced the amount of insulin but still need it. I reduced my oral med glucophage by 1 pill but still need 2 a day. I am sad by this because I feel the insulin for one is slowing my weightloss and its making me feel regret towards the VSG choice Oh well... What can I do??? I made my choice and I will continue my journey with the hopes that as I lose more weight and am able to exercise more once released by surgeon things will improve with my diabetes. I have noticed my high blood pressure is improving so hopefully I can get off my meds for that soon also... Ok I'm done venting...

acbbrown
on 9/11/12 7:09 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 This journey is a very individual thing -no exact same path for any two people. Just keep that in mind - keep doing what you need to do, and things should resolve. The progress youve already made is great!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 9/11/12 7:24 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks Alison!!! I am so disciplined with this journey I sometimes wonder who I am...lol I have told myself that if I am going to take the plunge that I will follow the rules 100% This is no joke for me... 

I appreciate you and your encouragement! I always thought in my mind that I wouldn't need to vent but I found out I'm human...lol So thank you again!!
acbbrown
on 9/11/12 7:47 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Vent away. I vent about all sorts of crap :)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

sleevegirl
on 9/11/12 7:10 pm - Austin, TX
From what I understand, not everyone wakes up from surgery being free of all meds. Some do, but some do not. The fact that you need less is VERY encouraging and just because you had one surgery over the other doesn't mean that you chose wrong, you could have very well had RNY and still be ramping down your meds.

Hang tight, you're doing absolutely great. Dude... 37 pounds in a month... rockin'

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 9/11/12 7:18 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks Candy! Except 26 of those pounds were pre op. So 11 pounds in 4 weeks... I am very happy with that because I never lost weight like this before. I just needed to vent... It kinda scares me thinking my diabetes won't improve...

sleevegirl
on 9/11/12 7:20 pm - Austin, TX
For your starting weight, I think 11 pounds in 4 weeks is good. The insulin could be slowing you a little, but I really don't think that's a huge factor. Keep doing what you're doing and who knows... stay positive. I really do believe that positive thoughts is as important as our actions.

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

hwag5149
on 9/12/12 1:30 pm
On your surgery date you had only 54 pounds to lose. 11 pounds is 20% excess weight loss, therefore you lost TWENTY PERCENT of your weight in ONE MONTH. I'm at 60% in 9 months... yeah, I lost 135 pounds but it still only = 60% so if you look at it that way your 11 pounds = a lot.

HW 380.8+  SW- 371.4  CW- 234.4  GW- 200 

Bellaluna468
on 9/11/12 7:10 pm
RNY on 10/26/12
 While I'm not in your shoes yet with having the surgery...from an outsiders perspective..  Are you being too hard on yourself and not realistic in your expectations?? 

You are only 1 month out...give your body a little more time.  I'm certain you will be happy...given you didn't reroute your insides and when you are thinner, you won't have the restrictions as with RNY.

Hang in there!

SusieQ_makingithapp
en2012

on 9/11/12 7:40 pm - CA
VSG on 08/14/12
 Thanks girl!!! I think I am being hard on myself. Its only been 4 weeks. My body is definitely still adjusting to its new life...lol I really just want to get rid of my insulin so bad!!!!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views