Day 2 of liquid diet

karynh
on 9/13/12 7:33 pm - Tampico, IL
VSG on 09/26/12
 I am so tired have no energy at all and I am driving myself crazy with head hunger!  What did you do to get through this?

lisa2job
on 9/13/12 8:07 pm - WA
VSG on 09/06/12
going crazy also!!!  I am 7 days post op and have one more week of liquids... although I have plenty of energy just bored out of my mind since I dont go back to work till next week
Wildcat-NYC
on 9/13/12 8:17 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
 Write down all reasons you decided to have surgery...when your struggling pull it out and read it.  This is a very short part of a lifetime journey!  You've got this!

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Cinderella50
on 9/14/12 3:31 am - NY
VSG on 08/29/12
 Day 4 will be better!
I tried different protein powders, I found that some kept me fuller than others, then I had those in the morning. Drank my water constantly until the next shake. I chewed Dentine Ice to help with cravings, sugar free jello cups to help me feel like I had something (as little as it is) to eat. I don't know if you are allowed the sf pudding and a yogurt each day, I was and this became my afternoon and evening life savers.
By day 4 my body got used to it and the hunger and headaches were gone. I was good for the next week. The last two days were a bit rough again, having not eaten anything for two weeks and the anxiety of the surgery. BUT, I made it and so can you. Hang in there. Go for walks, you have to do a lot of walkking afterwards so might as well use that to get rid of the cravings now, it will prepare you for after.
GOOD LUCK! You will get through it.

Most Active