Lindsey72386
on 9/20/12 9:26 am - IN
Hey everyone! I'm new to this site and not really sure what I am doing lol Anyhow I'm LOVING all this information I'm reading fromeveryone!

I go see my potential surgeon tomorrow morning and to learn more about the sleeve and see how long the process is going to take before I can have surgery and I'm BEYOND excited! My mother had the lap band done about 4 years ago and I was actually scheduled to have it done around the same time but decided I wasn't comfortable with having a band around my stomach for the rest of my life. Something about it just didn't feel right. My moms friend just had the sleeve done about 4 weeks ago and LOVES everything about it and now her husband is about to have it done in a week and he is beyond excited as well.

I've been overweight for about 8 years now and have tried every type of diet there is out there and it works for a couple of weeks then I'm over it. Throughout school I was always a 10/12 and thought I was the fattest girl alive.........man what I'd do to be that size again lol Anyway I'm 26 years old single and no kids. I want to get my health back to normal so I can start thinking about having kids and knowing I'll be around a lot longer for them in the long run. Okay I'm done rambling. Once I figure out how to do a profile and pic I will :)
Alexis K.
on 9/20/12 11:53 am
VSG on 07/30/12
Welcome and congrats on starting the journey! It's an exciting ride, for sure. I am just a couple of years older than you (29) and also single an childless. I truly believe that now is the prime time for people like us to make changes. We have only ourselves to worry about for the most part and can focus on what's most important to US at the moment. I'm not so sure I would be as successful or as stress-free if I had others to be responsible for. I have TONS of admiration and respect for those with spouses and children who are successful. I don't think I could do it!

Unlike you, I have been overweight my entire life. Well ok, since about age 6. I honestly can't remember being anything smaller than a size 16, so I think the day I hit 14 I'll probably cry. 18's are getting loose.... can't wait for that day!

LadyNoname
on 9/20/12 12:54 pm - Eugene, OR
Hi, Lindsay. Welcome to the board. I'm kind of new, too. I'm having my surgery on 10/08/12. Getting excited. Good luck at your doctor's appointment!

Tori
Tori

[url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com/weight-loss-ticker][img]http://tickers.myfitnesspal.com/ticker/show/2439/3250/24393250.png[/img][/url]
  Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free [url=http://www.myfitnesspal.com]Calorie Counter[/url]

suzie2241
on 9/20/12 12:59 pm
VSG on 11/02/12
Welcome. I'm scheduled to be sleeved 10/17/12 and I cannot express how excited I am.

This board is full of wonderful, helpful people with tons of information.

When I started here, I did not know much of what to expect or what I would have to do. My surgeon and nutrionist explained a lot; as did the folks in the support group I attend, but the actual personal experiences shared here are the most helpful

Good luck on your journey!
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views