Worried

nieba
on 9/21/12 7:53 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I have been 2.5 weeks post op now and started soft foods on the 18th.

I am worried because of how I am feeling. First of all, I am trying to get enough liquids in but I have a tremendous amount of gas that I start burping badly, hiccuping, and then I start to get nauseous. I started drinking Gatorade instead of water which helps to a point. At times I get so thirsty that I really want to just down the whole bottle.

I have been trying to get the foods and protein in, but with all the feelings I have been getting with drinking, eating is difficult. I do walk at least 3 times for about 5 minutes (around 2 buildings at work). But the only thing to help is laying down. I can't do that all the time at work.

Last night I had a problem in the afternoon of feeling nauseous that when it was time for dinner, the thought of food made me sick to my stomach.

I am getting tired of feeling like this. I want to start feeling better and more like myself. Any advise?

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

INgirl
on 9/21/12 8:07 am
Hi! If you haven't been- try adding some flavoring to your water- either diluted Crystal Light or Vitamin Water Zero or G2.. nausea can be from dehydration, and you are in the prime time for that to happen if you aren't getting in a lot of fluids by now. Eating is secondary, protein shakes are fine till your fluids are up in the range you should be in.. Try Syntrax Nectars very very diluted too.. that way you are getting a steady stream of protein in with a lot of fluid. It is a full time job staying hydrated and you don't want to be in a position of trying to play catch-up with that..  The burping and hiccuping are normal when starting soft foods.. I could only handle maybe an ounce of cottage cheese over a 30min period when I started.. itty-bitty bites, pencil eraser sized.. slowly.. Which is why liquid protein is important.. There was no way I could come close to what I needed with food for a couple months.

Good luck, and this does change.. In a couple months you will be eating much more normally, and by 6- you will feel totally normal save for tiny portions!
racemomss
on 9/21/12 8:34 am - TX
VSG on 08/29/12
I totally understand how you feel! I have been challenged with protein and water. The vitamin water zero has been good to me and so has decaf iced tea with equal. I finally found a protein shake that doesn't make me fill sick.. Premier Protein chocolate. It is in 11 oz of water and tastes kind of like a slim fast shake. My tastes are very off right now and anything is likely to not stay down if I don't like the flavor. Vitamins have been a challenge as well. It does get better I am a week ahead of you and still get tired. Take time for you and remember this is only temporary. You will find what works and in no time we will both be through this. I know easier said than done..

By the way, I have been in the er for dehydration since surgery.. Soooo not fun! I don't recomend it for anyone..

Most Active