My scale is broken....

Angeliasha3
on 9/22/12 4:24 pm - NC
Hi VSGers!

I'm 3.5 weeks post-op and I think my weightloss has stopped. Over the past 2 weeks my weight has been up and down and I haven't been able to eat very much. My caloric intake is less than 500 and fluid intake not very good. What's going on? BTW, does anyone else feel the need to burp or belch after eating?? If I don't I feel awfully full and discomfort.

Wildcat-NYC
on 9/22/12 4:39 pm
VSG on 08/16/12
Do a search for the 3 week stall...your body is still adjusting to major surgery.

Water is also extremely important - if you aren't getting 64 oz (at a minimum) you could be dehydrated.

Continue to follow your plan and you'll lose.  Just be patient with yourself. 

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
Angeliasha3
on 9/22/12 4:53 pm - NC

Thank you. I do that. 64oz of water will be very difficult but I need to make myself do it.

Italian-Princess
on 9/22/12 5:30 pm - IL
VSG on 06/28/12
Hi!

I just wrote a long message to both you and Lovely -- she posted right after you did.  I am too lazy to type the same things twice LOL  So I adddressed both of you on her post.

I hope it helps you

Ree
Kelly-AnneH
on 9/22/12 7:37 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
Fluids first needs to be your rule. The burping can be caused by lots of things, but I know that for me the biggest culprits are not chewing well enough (food plus saliva plus chewing = a texture like applesauce by the time you swallow) and not drinking enough between meals so as to have sufficient saliva for the first thing.

If the food is too dry and/or not well enough chewed Fred will grumble, gurgle and squeak (audible across the room) as he tries to deal with what I've sent down. If he can't manage - he sends it back. I'm learning to drink my water and chew VERY well.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

mauigirl2
on 9/22/12 10:56 pm - kihei, HI
I Belch when I my stomach is full!

Most Active