Bummed out NSV

Tracasa
on 10/8/12 7:43 am
My Mom passed away a year ago and I started wearing her wedding band. Yesterday my husband who still smokes asked me to toss the butt out of the window....yep along with that went the ring. Spent hours on the street looking and today I rented a metal detector but came up empty. I brought my own rings in this afternoon down 2 ring sizes! FYI don't wait on resizing learned the hard way and I'm heartbroken.
Sara R.
on 10/8/12 8:01 am

Oh my gosh :( i am so sorry to hear that you lost your ring :( That is a bummed out NSV. Sometimes a fresh pair of eyes or looking at another date will find the lost treasure. Dont give up, it might still be found. Also, your mom might be happy to know you are losing weight and getting healthier. Think about the tears and hugs she would have given you despite the lost treasure.

Tracasa
on 10/8/12 9:12 am
Thanks Sara,
My Mom, even at my age was always my biggest cheerleader! So i guess your right.
Christine Heusinger
on 10/8/12 8:14 am - GA
 I too am so sorry to hear of your loss.  I also  have my mom's (RIP) wedding band. However, I have not EVER been able to wear it. I am hoping after I've had my WLS and reach my goal that I will be able to finally wear it.
Tracasa
on 10/8/12 9:19 am
Thank you! The same to you. Just promise when you start wearing her ring resize it! I'm sure it won't be long! Best of luck on your journey to a healthier new you!
dguenat123
on 10/8/12 9:36 am - Belton, TX
VSG on 12/21/10 with

Ok, this may be for nothing but I felt an urge to tell you. When I was younger I had my mom's ring from my dad on. I don't remember why I had my hand out the window but the ring came off while my parents were driving. One day, a good while after this happened, I was washing the car and low and behold the ring was between the plastic and metal on the bumper. I could not believe it!!! Anyway, you might try looking over the vehicle and inside you never know where the wind could have taken it. I asked my angels to help you find it also.

Good luck!

Live, Love and Laugh!    
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/8/12 10:20 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I have a good story like that too. My husband was visiting his family and came home without his ring. He said he didn't notice but it must have slipped off in the sand or somewhere. I was pissed...got our wedding bands in Thailand on a visit and really love them. So a year later, his sister is visiting and we decide to make a couscous and get some from our freezer (that we get from my husband's family) and guess what is in the couscous...the ring! He was right that he didn't notice but it didn't fall off in the sand but into the couscous as he was packing it!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Tracasa
on 10/8/12 10:56 am
Wantmylife
first, good luck on the 9th! Thank you for understanding and glad the ring was found! See you on the bench!
Tracasa
on 10/8/12 10:52 am
Dguenat123
Thank you for the angel wish. Asked St.Anthony myself so who knows. Keep rocking
Trlme123
on 10/8/12 8:20 pm - Oswego, NY
 Oh, I am so sorry, and I thank you for sharing this so someone else won't suffer.  Good luck if you continue your search.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views