Max Protein

MaryContrary80
on 10/9/12 11:02 pm
VSG on 09/04/12
 So, I struggled with an aversion to protein powders for the first couple weeks after surgery because of my pre-op diet. I found that I did ok with Unjury, and then I have been doing ok with Body Fortress (both chocolate flavor). Well, I have been reading Eggface's blog for awhile and I finally bit the bullet and ordered her much loved Max Protein Powder. I was SO nervous because they didn't offer a sample pack and I have been unable to find it in a store. Well the 2 pound tub came in the mail yesterday (also Chocolate) and I tried it in my coffee this morning, and it is AWESOME! I LOVE it. I can't even believe it. I did the "smell check" when I first opened the tub. I have never opened one and not been able to smell the whey,  but this smelled GOOD. The smell reminded me of powdered nestle quick, it just smelled sweet and cocoa powdery. I even tasted a little bit of the powder and it tasted good. I was SUPER thrilled. It dissolved in my coffee nicely with a few stirs and it tastes lovely!! I highly recommend it for anyone who has trouble with powders because of the whey taste and smell! 

Ok, carry on!! :) 
jennydemerice
on 10/9/12 11:20 pm - Gonzales, LA
Thank you for this post.  I am 2 weeks out and was on a 3 week protein diet ahead of time so protein is getting harder and harder to swollow!  LOL  I am always on the look out for new flavors or brands.
Jenn

MaryContrary80
on 10/9/12 11:29 pm
VSG on 09/04/12
You are welcome!! I hear you! I was really struggling with the protein powder. I was literally holding my nose and sucking it back at times. That pre-op diet really messes with you!!! Good luck with everything. Hope you find something you love!!! 
Ms Shell
on 10/10/12 2:24 am - Hawthorne, CA
Yeah I actually LUCKED up and my neighborhood GNC decided to stop carrying it and I got 4 of them for like 1/2 the price!!  Mad they were all chocolate, but it's such a MILD chocolate flavor.

Ms Shell

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

Most Active