Holy Hair Loss!!!

sweymer77
on 10/10/12 2:12 am - OH
VSG on 06/11/12
I have read all the posts and I knew this was coming but OMG I am soooo having a hard time with this. I already have really thin hair and now that it is falling out by the handfulls I am pretty sure I am going to be bald before this is over. I can't stop stressing about it. Stress sure does not help the problem either. I hope this phase goes by quickly!!!

36 LBS was before my VSG surgery. Surgery Date was 6/11/12.
Desari63
on 10/10/12 2:52 am - Hickory Creek, TX
VSG on 02/29/12

Don't stress..it will stop but not for a little while. Around my 6 month mark is when mine stopped and it's starting to all come back now. It's really weird and nerve wracking but it will stop...promise...

Try not to bru**** very much and don't wash each day..just wet it and condition it and then use a large tooth comb while it's wet..that will help.

Barbara McKeown

PoohHag
on 10/10/12 2:55 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 My hair loss just started too.  I already have thin hair from PCOS and hypothyroidism.  I'm considering a stylist fall/winter cap if this keeps up.
slatond
on 10/10/12 3:06 am
Right there w/ u on the "holy hair loss"...I'm going into 5th month and it has definitely SLOWED and almost stopped. I tried Inverti by Aveda and definitely feel "fuzz"... Can't wait to have some hair again!. I've always had thick hair and now it takes time to comb / move hair to cover up scalp :-(
Also having some dry skin issue and on head. I've not gotten color for 2 months. So grey and bald! YIKES!

bigpinkstork
on 10/10/12 3:32 am - NC
I was shocked when I looked in the tub and realized that it wasn't just the hair on my head I was losing.  TMI, I know--but be prepared. 
Becky T.
on 10/10/12 4:01 am, edited 10/10/12 11:01 am - MN
VSG on 06/04/12
@ slatond - At what point did you start using the Inverti? I was thinking of buying this, but am only 4 months out. I wasnt sure if I should start it when my hair starts growing again & quits falling out, or if i should start now? It is coming out terribly bad right now!

Have you found that it helps?

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

5'4"  HW: 222   SW: 212   GW: 140   CW range: 118-123    

Tea
on 10/10/12 3:34 am - Moore Haven, FL
VSG on 07/11/12

Holy crap ladies, ME TOO!!! My hair coming out by the handfuls. When I wash my hair, its severe. I am 3 months out tomorrow. Yep and the dry scalp thing is bad for me too. I too had thin hair already from PCOS. So now I have ultra thin hair with dandruff and nothing is helping right now. I'm hoping it will get better in the next couple months.... if I have any hair left by then :)

have a great day ya'll

HW 311 - (pre opt liq diet 272) - SW 264 - CW 196- GW 150

Lovin my
SLEEVE

Kathy__C
on 10/10/12 5:07 am - IL
VSG on 07/23/12
 Oh my gosh am I right with all of you. My hair started falling out about a week ago. Just won't stop. I think at one of the meetings someone said it's from not enough protein. I'm not crazy about the protein shakes but I keep drinking them hoping it helps. It is an OMG moment to see so much hair falling out.

BezoarGirl
on 10/10/12 5:57 am - WA
Same thing was happening to me.  My dr. told me to take another protein shake a day.  For a total of 4 plus take Biotin supplements.  I take 1 table of  5,000 IU a day and only wash my hair once a week.
If I need to do my hair in between the 7 days I only wet and condition it.  I am glad I can start to wear cute fall hats now also. 

RNY 8/29/12       5' 9" tall

fennges
on 10/10/12 8:38 am - MI
Mine started at 3 months out too.  I always loose lots of hair in August and September anyay.  I bought a satin pillow case which helped a lot.  I used to have a lot of hair on my pillow every morning.  It has stopped for now, 4 months and 1 week after surgery.  Really, the pillow case helped a lot.  I can't wait for it to start to grow back in.  It might make for a really wild mohawk!

Sue     SW 260 lbs. GW 155 lbs.  5 ft. 5 in. 60 years young 
Surg. Date 6/4/12  
CW 11/25/12  189 lbs.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 49 views