Beside myself

suzie2241
on 10/10/12 4:05 am
VSG on 11/02/12
 I was supposed to have my surgery Weds. Oct 17.  I get a phone call from my case manger who informs me my claim was denied becase the surgeon listed is not a Center of Excellence surgeon. The hospital and group she is affiilated with is, but she is not.

So, I have to have them re-file the forms with the other surgeon as my surgeon. Apparently, the case manager called their office on Monday and told them. The woman she spoke to said that I did not want to switch surgeons. Huh????

Wouldn't you think the surgeon's office would call me too?

Of course, now that woman will not take my call until she has spoken with the surgeon I was orignally scheduled with. So now another day will go by that I cannot get this rolling.

So frustrated, disappointed and upset!

acbbrown
on 10/10/12 4:09 am - Granada Hills, CA
I was the queen of pre-op melt downs so I get it.

But, stop, breathe, and realize that this is a small barrier. They arent telling you that you cant have surgery or you have to wait a couple years. I know how much you want to do it NOW, but in the end, everything will be okay. Its important to be able to get through these bumps because after surgery, patience and perseverance are KEY.

And as a small consolation, I wish I could have had a few extra weeks with my big stomach ;-)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

MuttLover
on 10/10/12 4:09 am
VSG on 11/14/12
Sorry to hear that! I am pre-op too, and am finding that you can't make assumptions about anything! 

I call my doc's office with EVERY piece of info, report needed, question about whether documents are in, etc.   It can drive you crazy!

Just hang in there!  You'll get it sorted out -- and hopefully you won't have to change your surgery date because you are changing surgeons!

Best of luck!
suzie2241
on 10/10/12 4:19 am
VSG on 11/02/12

Thank you! You both made me smile.

You are right - it is just a bump in the road and it isn't like it won't happen. Thank you for showing the brighter side of things. :)

I know this will work out in the end.

I will NOT let this emotional day send me running for food!

Liza180
on 10/10/12 10:47 am
Don't worry, it will all work out and you'll be on your way.

Until then, enjoy eating meals because that is going to change. I'm about 7 weeks out and feel great, but everyday is a challenge trying to come up with new ideas for protein and such. This is the rest of my life, so until you get approved...keep doing exercise and living life. It WILL happen! :)
(deactivated member)
on 10/10/12 2:18 pm
VSG on 10/17/12
This really bites! Hope you are not doing the pre op diet for ' nothing.' On the bright side: this SNAFU will solidify your commitment.

Maybe since the OR is already scheduled for you, a quick switch of surgeons and you'll be good to go! Fingers crossed for you.

Thank goodness it's a paper work issue and not something worse.
Most Active