Why do people...

Cusscusscutie
on 10/9/12 10:08 am - MA

ask if you are going to loose anymore weight?  I have two friends who are 3 years and 5 years out of RNY  and they continually ask me if I am going to lose anymore weight.  i look at them and say hell yes!  Okay they never made it to a healthy bmi so I dont know if they are just jealous or I really look ill.  Do you guys get this?

Crabadams72
on 10/9/12 10:41 am - Silver Spring, MD
Girl yes! I was getting that once I was around 170 or so. People started telling me to stop losing weight. My response was usually a smile and thanks but I'm not at MY goal yet. Super emphasis on MY!

Sometimes I still get comments but I changed departments so I'm not around the nosy folks like I was before.
VSG 6/10/2011  Dr. Ann Lidor BMore MD 5'5 HW-247 SW-233 GW-145 CW-120

http://www.youtube.com/user/72Crabadams   Me rambling about my journey : )

ksommer08
on 10/9/12 11:00 am - OH
VSG on 06/25/12
I've started getting that from my family a lot - they're all concerned that I'm losing too much weight and getting too skinny. I just yesterday made it out of obese BMI range though. That being said, I'm not sure there's anyone in my family who is at a healthy BMI and I don't think they know what healthy weight looks like. I just smile and tell them I'm working the program and my doctor's think I'm right on track and let it go.

Most Active