So excited I almost cried right in the store!

newme2011-2012
on 10/16/12 5:45 am
I was out shopping and looking for some new shoes.
there was a pair of boots ..The kind that go up the calf. For many, many years I have not bee able to wear these.
Every winter I see so many people wearing cute outfits with their boots.
When you weight 300 or close to it they don't have any that would fit and they wouldn't look cute.
Well I was asking the sales lady about the boots wondering f they were for large calves??
She was like are they for you?? I said yes ..I have trouble finding any wide enough for my calves. First she looked at me like I had two heads , then said I don't think your calves are that big, just try them.
So I got them in what I thought was my size ..Not only did they fit abd ZIP bu the shoe part was too big. My shoe size has gone down.
I was doing a happy dance and almost in tears!! I can't wait to get some use out of these boots.. Made my whole day, week Month!!!
Just had to share with those who could understand!!
Thanks for reading.
Julie
  Highest weight 330 - GW 150  

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/12 5:52 am
Julie, for years I had to wear 7WWW shoes.  Have you ever seen WWW shoes?  They are some of the ugliest granny shoes that some sadistic punk could come up with as punishment for those of us that are obese.  I hated shoe shopping.  When I went into a shoe boutique and realized that 6.5M was my new size, I literally cried right there in the store.  The sales lady must have thought I had lost my mind as I raced through the store trying on every single pair of shoes, crying the whole time.  So yeah, I get it.  Congratulations on one of the best NSV's EVER!!!! 
AdeanaMarie
on 10/16/12 5:53 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12
 What a great blessing!  Enjoy those boots.  I bet you have room to put them on over your jeans too.  I think I will cry when I can get my new winter coat on, an extra large.  I can get it zipped now, but cannot move my arms yet.  :O)

I used to love buying shoes because they were the only thing that consistantly fit.  However, now I love buying shoes because I can actually buy the cute stylish ones.  Yay for us!

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

melz1974
on 10/16/12 6:08 am
VSG on 07/10/12

Wooohooo!!  That's flippen awesome!!  I'm so excited for you!  I know exactly how you feel about the boots.  I have calf issues too.  I'm too scared to go try on boots though.  I have so many pairs of them right now.  Maybe I should try on the ones I already have.  lol

Congrats!!!!  Can't wait to see a pic in a cute outfit with the new boots!  :)

Sleeved July 10th ~ My independence day!
Highest Weight: 302, Consult Weight:298 Surgery Weight:263 

Elita32
on 10/16/12 6:10 am - WA
 That is awesome!  Congrats!!!
jacreasy
on 10/16/12 6:22 am
VSG on 04/23/12
 congrats!  i CANT WAIT TO GO TRY ON SOME... IM GOING TO BUY A PAIR OF BOOTS, JEANS AND A NEW SHIRT, EVEN IF I DONT GO OUT LOL OPPS sorry about the caps! 

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

nanarama
on 10/16/12 6:24 am - PA
VSG on 07/09/12
Love to hear stories like this.  Great job!!

Feb 2012:  270
                   Day of surgery:  250.5

bigmama3
on 10/16/12 6:57 am

Congratulations!!!!  I understand the feeling..used to buy my boots at Avenue and my sneakers in the men's department.  Great feeling to wear "normal" stuff.

CW - 125 (20 lbs. below goal)

TSinNC
on 10/16/12 7:15 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 That is an awesome NSV! Big congrats to you! 

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

happiegirl
on 10/16/12 7:21 am - Albuquerque, NM
VSG on 04/24/12
Awww! That's so great!  I'm glad you get to wear your boots!

HW: 351 Pre-op: 272  Current: 140.7 Goal:160      M1:14 M2:14  M3:11  M4:10 M5:10  M6:12  M7:8  M8:6 M9: 6 M10:7 M11: 6 M12: 4 M13: 5 M14:7 M15: 4 M16: 3 M17: 1   M18: 4

"Glory lies in the attempt to reach one's goal and not in reaching it." - Gandhi

Most Active