Apparently I am unprepared for the post op full fluids diet. Any suggestions on what I can eat?

Pinkchickadee
on 10/17/12 10:04 am
 I sent  my husband out to  get me  some  greek  yougurt but that's all I have. What did you eat during the  post op liquid diet?

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

SuzyNZ
on 10/17/12 10:07 am
VSG on 09/17/12
Lots of water, diluted cranberry juice and homemade vegetable broth were my staples.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

sonywife
on 10/17/12 10:25 am, edited 10/17/12 10:26 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
Any reason for the cranbery juice or did you just like it?

How soon after surgey should I be able to eat Greek Yogurt?

NeedsSleep
on 10/17/12 10:35 am - IL
VSG on 09/20/12
 I'm 4 weeks out tomorrow but I can't eat yogurt until I'm 6 weeks out.  Problem is, I dont' like yogurt!  Right now, I'm just on protein shakes and broth.

Also, get some Welch's 100 pure grape juice in the house.  It works WONDERS for nausea (diluted, of course) and lots and lots of sugar free popsicles!

Good luck!!

HW: 292 - SW: 237 - GW: 165

(the first 55 lbs. was from Weight Watchers, over 2 years)

Pinkchickadee
on 10/17/12 10:41 am
 They were giving me  fat free sf yogurt at the hospital. It's so funny how every surgeon is so different! Also the are no SF popcicles on Vancouver island. I have been on the look out for popcicle molds  but also hard to find in October! I guess I will crack into the shakes again. Thanks!

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

dianne220
on 10/17/12 10:43 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12
I could have cream of wheat, cream soups (strained), and sugar free puddings and jellos. The cream of wheat has carbs so i only had it a couple of times.

Did your nutrition person give you a list because all doctors are so different.
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/17/12 10:47 am
VSG on 10/09/12
My first week on liquids (clear and full) was based on the following: tea - lots of different flavours for variety, broth (chicken and beef with unflavoured protein powder), G2, water, Ocean spray diet (also a variety of flavours), premier RTD chocolate shakes, unjury chicken soup, some milk towards the end of the week, one very runny soft boiled egg (in my plan), bariatric choice oatmeal thinned down a lot, a baby food jar of veg and pureed chicken also thinned down with broth to liquid consistency, you can have jello if you like it. I don't so I didn't but its in my liquid phase plan.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

fear_of_grace
on 10/17/12 11:04 am - TN
VSG on 10/08/12
I'm still on clear liquids and I've been having lots of broths with added protein powder, SF jello (I have a batch in the fridge that I added protein to as an experiment) WATER, flavored waters, Vitamin water zero, hot tea (really enjoying ginger tea since it calms the stomach), SF popsicles, decaf coffee and miso soup (strained) and of course friut flavored protein shakes mixed with water only. No mil****il I'm at goal/75% excess weight lost. 
When I move to full liquids I can move to using vanilla/chocolate protein powder. 

Month 1: -27 lbs Month 2:  -9 lbs Month 3: -11 lbs Month 4:-10 lbs Month 5: -8 lbs

Month 6: -8 lbs Month 7: -5 lbs Month 8: -9 lbs  Month 9: -2 lbs Month 10:

PoohHag
on 10/17/12 11:30 am - TN
VSG on 06/11/12
 My list said creamed soups, Campbell's Soup at Hand, low fat milk or light soy milk, protein powder, broth, SF jello, SF popsicles, Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt Smoothies, non-fat dry milk powder.  I could include the clear liquid diet of water, ice chips, clear broths, SF jello, caffeine free tea, SF popsicles, and Crystal Light.

I was so nauseous during that time that the soups tasted awful and so did the protein shakes.  I mostly drank milk, water, and miso broth.
Keith L.
on 10/17/12 11:38 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12
 I was on clear liquids for the first week so it was water, gatorade, and isopure zero carb RTD (stay away from the orange and apple melon, they are gross) as well as broth. When I got to full liquids DanActive drinkable yogurt and soups

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active