Totally in the "Why the heck did I do this to myself phase"

Pinkchickadee
on 10/18/12 7:11 am
 I am  sure this  will pass but I was sleeved on Monday and it  feels very overwhelming to me to be eating/drinking ALL the FLIPPING time! Trying to  make  sure I get enough protien so I will heal and fluids so I don't  get dehydrated. 

Please tell me  it  gets  easier? Someone? Anyone? 

Starting Weight:275 CW:189 SW:??  Goal:169

TexasLovely
on 10/18/12 7:13 am
Of course it gets easier!
Just take it day by day, you'll get the hang of all of it in no time.

Hang in there!
Wildcat-NYC
on 10/18/12 7:25 am
VSG on 08/16/12
It gets easier...the ready to drink Isopure really helped me in the beginning because it counts as fluid and protein.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
myveryownjet
on 10/18/12 12:11 pm - LA
Where do you find Isopure?  The only place I have found is online.  Thanks!
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/18/12 7:34 am
VSG on 10/09/12
It gets easier!!! I can promise that!!! I am 9 days post op and can take small but no longer tiny sips, can finish a shake in an hour instead of two and it really does get much easier!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

nieba
on 10/18/12 8:01 am - Rialto, CA
VSG on 09/04/12 with
I had a hard time in the first couple of weeks that I was thinking tht esame thing. I can tell you that at 7 weeks out now, every day I feel better than the day before. I even remember the one day that I was feeling horrible then the next day woke up and had so much energy and felt great!

Hang in there.

Jennifer B.
(Can't wait to meet the new me!)

HW: 288  SW: 270.2   CW: 199.8  GW: 170-180   Hgt: 5'10" 

Nicksmommy
on 10/18/12 8:14 am - NY
VSG on 09/17/12
I am a little over 4 weeks out and felt the same way...it does pass once you get used to it. Everyday is a new experience with my sleeve but I feel SO much better now than I did that first 2 weeks. I remember reading others who had surgery right around the same time as me saying how great they felt...I felt like total crap! It does get better!!! Take it day by day. I followed vets advice and kept myself moving as much as i could handle and sip, sip, sip! Hope you have a better day tomorrow.

Astro1
on 10/18/12 8:27 am
 You will be so surprised a month from now, and 2 months and so on how you are going to feel!  I am at 5 months and it is such a routine now to eat and drink.  In the beginning all of it is so overwhelming.  Remember we have been eating a certain way most of our life and now we have to stop and change so many things.  But you will eventually get to where your eating will become more and more normal.  Even though I had RNY I support all of us who had all the surgeries on this forum.  Best of luck and keep posting.  There will always be someone here to help guide you!  Jane
TSinNC
on 10/18/12 8:28 am
VSG on 08/16/12
 Yes, it gets much easier! I second using Isopure ready-to-drink to get your fluids and protein at the same time. Hang in there and good luck!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Sutterbos
on 10/18/12 8:29 am
VSG on 06/21/12
I was re-reading some of my old posts last night and came across one around 3 weeks where I said the VSG was the worst thing I'd ever done.  Seems hilarious now - I don't even remember feeling that way!

Now I consider it the best thing I've ever done!  At 4 months I've lost over 100 pounds (including pre-op) and I feel amazing.

Hang in there.  There is no denying how crappy the first few weeks are, but I PROMISE it will get better.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views