hair loss

dpflorida
on 10/20/12 8:29 am - FL
VSG on 07/12/12
 I am 3 months out... haur loss has accelerated to an alarming rate. Knowing it could happen and living it are 2 different animals.  Really bummed. I am working hard at protein intake and vitamins...along with everything else. I am pleased with my weight loss, but I want my hair back...
whining.
2 NSVs:
Tying shoes without straining
crossing my legs!!!!
Still running into people who have not seen me in a while.
Lots of very positive feedback. I know in the big scheme of things, the hair loss is a bump in the road. I really do not like it!! Hope it comes back.
Gotta go eat some protein!

Ohiogirl
on 10/20/12 9:03 am - OH
VSG on 10/02/12
I totally understand - have lost hair after several major surgeries and I really dread it this time - should hit me around New Years - I'll be whining too. Like you say - knowing it is going to happen and when it actually happens - two different things!! Not much advice - but just think - yours will be coming back as mine starts to fall out - as "they" say - this too shall pass.
Good luck.

dpflorida
on 10/20/12 10:36 am - FL
VSG on 07/12/12
Thx, helps to know I'm not the only one.....but I would not wi**** on anybody!!!

slimpickins5280
on 10/20/12 12:37 pm - CO

Is your protein over 80 grams? Try upping it another 10-20 grams a day. When I did that, my hair loss stopped almost immediately. My husband even noticed because he wasn't finding my hair everywhere (mostly in the shower).

Adding protein doesn't work for everyone, but it definitely won't hurt anything.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

ButterflyAnna
on 10/21/12 6:10 am
VSG on 07/02/12
I started losing hair a couple of weeks ago at 3 months out. It is literally coming out in handfuls in the shower. Like you , I knew it was a possible side effect, but didn't give it much thought until it actually started happening to me!

Saw my doctor a week ago for a folow-up...she said that I just need to ride it out. Make sure you're eating all your protein and keep taking your vitamins. This too shall pass!

Anna

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 53 views