Election Day Surgery!

Micmac2
on 10/22/12 11:09 pm
After last night's debate, I cannot wait to have my surgery on Election Day. While everyone else is projecting the winner/loser opinions I can be projecting my own in lalaland!! I love watching the debates, but I'm casting my vote early and then praying for the winner ME! 
Im almost there.  I put myself on a self imposed liquid diet a week ago and have done great besides the one day my family and I went to Six Flags.  I had to eat a sandwich due to feeling faint at one point from all that walking.  2 weeks to go.  I can do this. 
Still haven't had the talk with the kids yet but waiting so they dont worry themselves sick (8yr old girl and 5yr old boy).  My hubby has been great support.  My mom not so much.  Some may remember me from a post awhile back about my brother (41) who died of Brain Cancer in August (a week before my first schedualed surgery).  I had to postpone that one due my poor parents nerves were shot and I needed some 'emotional' healing time myself.  
I have had the scared moments, change your mind moments, and the read oh posts one week to 'dont go on there' the next.  You are all wonderful support and I can't wait to hop on here and share my journey so others can be insprired too! Met a nice friend at the pre-op class and plan to keep in touch locally too! (Dallas) Have a wonderful day everyone!!  Remember to vote but most important remember us newbies who are busy casting a vote for our lives that day!

bob-h
on 10/23/12 6:56 am - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
 I think the self imposed liquids will be a great help to you. You will know just what to expect. I did that 3 weeks before mine and never had problem  with the liquids. I am now 2 weeks post and I think I will even stay on the shakes. I just can't imagine blending up some meat to drink.     That reminds me I have to research some puréed  foods. Good luck. You will do fine.

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Micmac2
on 10/23/12 12:30 pm
Yeah, I told my hubby I need to break up with food 3 weeks out.  2 weeks prepare and then jump right in on the week prior. Ive let myself have creamed soup and jello and the shakes with sugar free syrup.  Other then that no so bad.  But fighting the demons is easier this week then last!! Blended meat! Yack! No way.. haha..

bob-h
on 10/23/12 9:31 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12
 I think you have the right attitude to start this journey. Like I said, I am only 2   Weeks post op but If
f you have any questions feel free to ask. As for the blended meat,  you will be there before you know it. 

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Most Active