FOUR WEEKS FROM TODAY!!!

Taelor S.
on 10/24/12 7:54 am - IN
 I got my date yesterday, and it's Nov. 21.... THE DAY BEFORE THANKSGIVING!  Everyone I've told has been freaking out "because I'll miss thanksgiving" but frankly, I could care less.  I'm SO PUMPED to be moving on to the next phase of my life and mourning not being able to over-eat myself into oblivion just sounds silly to me.  so, regardless of what anyone says, I'm super excited and cant wait to start rockin my sleeve!  Anyway, I was just wondering if you guys could tell me the essentials both in the hospital, and once I'm home.  I'm trying to stock my house the best I can now so any tips, tricks, or suggestions you guys know of would be much appreciated!!  

Thanks guys!
Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/24/12 8:36 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Sounds like you are already rockin it!! Great attitude abt Thanksgiving and you will actually have something to give thanks for on that day! About stocking your house, for the first coup,e of weeks have lots of liquids (sugar free of course) on hand, protein drinks, if you can stomach the Isopure zero carb, its a clear liquid and has lots of protein...I have decided its not for me and there isn't much in the way of food and drink that I can't stomach...
I like Unjury chicken broth, premier chocolate protein shakes, atkins advantage (good flavours although only 15 gr protein), teas of different flavours, sugar free jello if you like that. Syntax nectars have a wide variety also, again, if the mediciny odor doesn't put you off. Have a look at your doc's post op eating plan and see if there are suggestions as to the shopping list.
I found also liquid vitamins and liquid calcium citrate works for me. In general I hate swallowing pills so this is likely to be a staple.
Good luck! Wish you a text book surgery and speedy recovery.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

vabella
on 10/24/12 11:06 am - TX
Im having mine on 11/12/12 understand how you feel. 

Alice M.
on 10/24/12 11:43 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

My surgery is set for November 26, so the whole week before Thanksgiving is liquid!  And like you, I could care less!  I'm finally getting Thanksgiving, Christmas and my birthday all rolled into one...and I'm loving it.  Can't wait.  Good luck.

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

michieluvsu
on 10/24/12 2:02 pm - WA
Hey Alice,
  We are surgery sisters! I'm the 26th too 

Michele

Alice M.
on 10/24/12 11:24 pm - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

It's nice to hear from others that are going thru the same thing at the same times.   Good luck!   Keep us updated.

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

Most Active