Protein Shake - HELP!!!

ALIFETOLIVE
on 10/28/12 1:05 am
VSG on 12/12/12

I'm still trying to find a protein shake. I don't have a surgery date yet.. But I'm hoping to have one by mid December. I've tried a few so far and they all have that chalky taste to them. Any tips on how to make the protein shakes tolerable??

mrsmom
on 10/28/12 1:14 am

I HAVE JUST DISCOVERED CLICK ESPRESSO MOCHA FLAVOR.  YOU SERVE IT HOT AND IT'S QUITE TOLERABLE.  YOU'RE NOT ALONE - I HAVE TRIED MANY AS WELL.

Italian-Princess
on 10/28/12 1:19 am - IL
VSG on 06/28/12

Have you tried Premier Protein Shakes?  The chocolate is great and I even like the vanilla.  However, the last carton of vanilla shakes were "gritty" at the bottom few sips even though I shook the daylights out of them. 

If you are using powdered protein, are you mixing with water?  If so, try substituting some of the water with unsweetened almond milk.  That makes them less chalky and smoother.

I'm 4 months out and I still have a protein shake almost every day -- easier to get the protein requirements that way.

Good luck...........

Ree

ALIFETOLIVE
on 10/28/12 1:25 am
VSG on 12/12/12

Mrs.Mom - Thanks I will look into that.

Ree - Almond milk Hmm.. I haven't tried that before. I will for sure add that to my grocery list for tomorrow trip to Whole Foods.

Thanks!!!

Tillie123
on 10/28/12 1:58 am

I actually like Atkins Advantage - Milk Chocolate Delight Shake.  It's pretty good and easy to find - Walmart and Target both carry them in their pharmacy area.  The only problem is that they only have 15g Protein but they are pretty good!  The Milk Chocolate flavor is the only one I have tried that I like however - some of the other flavors I have tried were not as good as the chocolate.  Good luck!  :)

Joshua B.
on 10/28/12 3:16 am - Ridley Park, PA
VSG on 12/05/12

I'm LOVING the unjory chicken soup flavored protein powder....tastes exactly like chicken soup. It's been a life saver.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/28/12 3:24 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I will agree that it is good...but it really doesn't taste like good home made chicken soup...but it passes...and as far as getting in the protein it is efficient.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/28/12 3:25 am
VSG on 10/09/12
I like the Atkins and premier chocolate RTDs. Syntrax nectars are OK if you put them in something closed and sip through a sippy hole so that you don't smell them....matrix vanilla is good too.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

ALIFETOLIVE
on 10/28/12 3:26 am
VSG on 12/12/12

Is the unjory soup flavored protein found in grocery stores? Is will I need to buy it online? I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/28/12 3:30 am
VSG on 10/09/12
On line only at unjury.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 33 views