In 1 week...

cguillen
on 10/29/12 5:41 am
VSG on 11/05/12 with

I am scheduled to have my vsg next Monday!

I have been trying to do the liquid diet but I cant stop eating all the candy, well I have been on protein shakes but I really need to stay away from all the Snickers and Twix on everyones desks!

Whats the point of drinking shakes if I am going to end up having about 400 calories of just candy, right?

oppman
on 10/29/12 6:14 am - TX
VSG on 07/23/12

STEP AWAY FROM THE CANDY!!!!!!!! You are gonna have to go thru sugar withdrawals anyway, why make it worse? Do you REALLY NEED those candies? NO YOU DON'T!!!!!!

Keep your head up, breathe and walk away!

HW- 310, SW 287.6, M1-31.4, M2 -11.2, M3 -15.8

Tnana
on 10/29/12 8:18 am - MO

I am on day 6 of 2 week preop. Cranky, hungry, have a bit of a cold. It ain't pretty. But, my surgeon said they can tell if you don't do the 2 weeks right and they have pulled right back out and refused to do a surgery because the fat around the liver was not reduced.  So here I sit hungry and cranky and drinking crystal light!!

Ssmith862
on 10/29/12 8:30 am - FL

I am scheduled for 11/5/12 and am on the Phase II of the pre-op diet. Mostly yogurt, milk, fruit, veggies and protein shakes. I have avoided all the sweets and starches as they asked and made it through the craving, cranky part pretty much. However, there are times when I really want to eat something, so now I have chosen veggies or fruit. I cannot deal with this too much longer, but want to have this not be a problem post operatively. One less thing to deal with after the surgery. Give yourself a break! you deserve it! This is for me, no one else, and I am going to make it!. 

Most Active