Bracing for the Triple Crown of Eating

momsy55
on 10/29/12 6:49 am - ME

Well in 2 days, the first leg of the Triple Crown of Eating will be upon us.  Last year, it was so easy to not even consider eating candy on Halloween, as I was only 2 months out and on the pink cloud of being newly sleeved.  Thanksgiving and Christmas went well too.  I took a very small taste of mostly everything, except the desserts, but did so on the holiday and ate carefully the rest of the time.  Now being 14 months out, I have to be extra mindful of the traps I could easily fall in to if I'm not paying attention.  We did a party for the kids this weekend, and I handled lots of foods I chose not to eat now.  I was okay, and didn't actually struggle, but they looked, smelled, and felt better than they did at the beginning.  I know I could easily slip back into old habits.  I am dealing already, once again, with having whipped cream on berries and telling myself it's okay when it's not.  I go quickly from a little dollop once in a while to a mound almost daily, so I know it's a trigger that I have to stay away from.  Knowing this about myself helps, but I still have to do the work to change it.  If I don't do that work now, it could very quickly lead to eating all of the extra junk that's around during this time of year.   I know that song and I don't want to sing it ever again! 

HW (recorded) 323  Start of Journey 298.9  SW 263.6  CW 177.8  GW 180 

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 10/29/12 7:04 am
VSG on 10/09/12
As someone put it in another post, thin people are also very mindful about what they eat and they do balance things. If they eat too much of X they will either expend more energy through exercise or they will cut back on indulging the month after. They don't have a magic wand any more than we do. You have a great tool in addition to your brain!!! You and all of us can do this and succeed through the tripple Crown of eating and other challenges.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

71dart
on 10/29/12 7:09 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I always considered the grand finale of "Eating Season" to be the Super Bowl. That's the one that made sure you could not fit into your summer clothes when spring came.

louisamay
on 10/29/12 8:18 am
VSG on 04/27/12

I've learned the hard way that the worst thing for me to do is let food stay in the house as leftovers.  I'm only six months out and generally handle the "event" okay.  It's if everybody manages to leave without taking the goodies with them that I have LOTS of trouble.

I guess the good news is that this just happened again last Saturday so it is very fresh on my mind before Thanksgiving.  Even though Thanksgiving is at my house this year (my first time EVER) my plan is to make sure everybody takes all the desserts and fattening foods home with them!

And what doesn't go, will go into the trash once they are gone.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Most Active