Where do you want to be 1 year from now?

Suzanne B.
on 10/31/12 7:35 am - OR

Hi Everyone  out there,enlightened

Stop and think where you could be 1 year from now.  If you have been thinking about having weight loss surgery, I want you to know that a year from now you could be close to your goal or already achieved your goal.  What an amazing feeling.  I know it is hard to imagine being healthy, and thin and at your goal weight. It too me 14 months to lose 105 pounds.

The next thing I want you to know is that it is pretty easy to maintain your weight loss, and make it last for a life time.  You have to be willing to work at this, because weight loss surgery is NOT your miracle cure, but it is your tool for YOU to use to achieve where you want to be. You can do it. It requires hard work and exercise on your part. 

I am living proof of this.  I had WLS 4 years ago, lost 105 pounds and have maintained my weight loss.  I made a lifestyle change and it is easy and fun to follow. I was the person who HATED exercise.  Now I get up and walk every morning 1st thing.  I feel so much better and feel 20 years younger.  My poor body does not hurt anymore, I am healthier and 90% of the medication I used to take, I no longer take.  I know you are sitting there thinking, “I will be the 1 person that this will not work on.”  I thought the very same thing, it does work, and it will work for you if you are willing to do what it takes to become successful.

I had sleeve surgery in Oct 2008 and Dr. Aceves was my doctor.  I could go on and on about how fabulous and wonderful, and highly skilled he is.  But there are thousands of his patients who will also tell you the same things that I can tell you.

Please do NOT give up on yourself. cool If you are reading this, you have been thinking about it for some time.  Make the giant leap forward and go for it.  If you have any questions, or need or want to talk, please contact me at:[email protected]

I am happy to answer any of your questions or concerns you might have.  I know I had 100’s of questions and you should too. It is OK to have questions. This board is here to help you and support you. 

Take care,

Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Marie M.
on 10/31/12 7:41 am - PA

I am 13 months out, 22 lbs below goal, and lost a total of 140 lbs.  I want to be where I am now next year and will do my damndest to make that happen by staying on plan and not geting complacent.

Congrats on your maintenance.  That is fabulous!!

Age: 50    Ht: 5' 3.5"    SW: 261   BMI: 45.5    CW: 119.4   BMI: 20.8   Goal in 9.5 months   (23.6  lbs below goal)   Total lost:  141.6 lbs   Inches lost:  84.25"
  Month one: 22.2 lbs;  Month 2:  17.4 lbs;   Month 3: 11 lbs;  Month 4: 13 lbs;  Month 5: 11.4 lbs;  Month 6: 9.2 lbs;   Month 7: 13.2 lbs;  Month 8: 9 lbs;  Month 9: 10.2 lbs;   Month 10:  3.6 lbs:   Month 11:   7.6 lbs   Month 12:  5.8 lbs                                    

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 8:01 am

Thank you so much for your post! You gave me inspiration :)

My surgery is scheduled for Jan 18 th with Dr. Aceves!

slimpickins5280
on 10/31/12 8:35 am - CO

I want to be at goal.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

Ctteacher
on 10/31/12 9:02 am
VSG on 11/12/12

Suzanne,

Thank you so much for your post.  I am scheduled for sleeve surgery on 11/12.  I have a lot of mixed emotions as the date draws nearer - excitement, anxiety, and a little doubt - can I really lose that much weight in a year?  The overwhelming message I've heard is YES - as long as I put the work into it.  enlightened

I can't thank everyone enough for the many words of wisdom, tips and helpful suggestions that have been posted on the forum.  I hope to "pay it forward" a year from now on my "surgiversary"!

MuttLover
on 10/31/12 9:25 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Suzanne --thanks for your post!  I've been thinking about that a lot -- and in fact one of the reasons I am having VSG is for the very first time in my life (I'm 55 and have always been overweight -- 200 lbs in 6th grade!) I can actually visualize a thinner me.  So, my goal for one year from now is to look "normal", whatever that weight might be.   I want to be in a misses size in pants -- which I've never been as an adult. 

Ready stories like yours gives me hope and those stories are very much a part of why I believe I will be successful!  Thank you!

TSinNC
on 10/31/12 9:45 am
VSG on 08/16/12

I want to be at goal!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

Cusscusscutie
on 10/31/12 9:48 am - MA

Tummy tucked!

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/12 9:50 am

I want to still be at my goal weight, or just under, one year from now. I want to be more in control of some of my cravings and head issues than I am today. (Yes, Halloween has been trying to best me....LOL..... surprise). 

But even more, I want to be at a place where I can remember what it was like to be obese and to understand even better those driving forces that got me there. Being in maintenance has opened a window that is allowing me to see some of the mind games/issues I have played with myself for years - issues I didn't even know I had are coming to light. I am hoping with all hope that having this awareness is going to be a major tool in my long term success.

britiajon
on 10/31/12 10:29 am
I too am well below goal and I'd like to stay within 5lbs give or take where I am now.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 34 views