Approved, now what date to select?

Leetay333
on 11/1/12 2:28 am - Waldorf, MD

Happy to report that I found out I was approved today by insurance to have surgery.  Now I just need to select a date.  I could go as early as Nov 13th, which is too soon, until when ever.  There is a lot of flexibility.  I only have to do a week pre-op liquid diet so do I have surgery before or after Thanksgiving is what I need to decide.  Ughh!  This is hard.  I will have surgery this calendar year, for sure.

MuttLover
on 11/1/12 2:37 am
VSG on 11/14/12

For me, I opted for the soonest date possible - which is Nov. 14.  Yep a week before Turkey Day, but it puts me closer to my new normal by Christmas.

My thinking:

1. Lots of people are "out" between Thanksgiving and Christmas.  I'm only planning two weeks off, and one overlaps with Turkey Day - so my plan is to work part time on the Thursday and Friday I come back (or not work, if I don't feel like it).

2. The longer I waited, the closer to Christmas, and I wanted to be more well then.  But if that's the time most people take off where you work, that might the best choice for you.

3. You may have to keep in mind the schedules of people you'll be depending on for help, or who depend on you.

4. Once I'd committed -- I wanted to get it done ASAP.

See ya round town!  The November sleevers would love to have you join us -- and if you wait, we'll give you the low down on what we experienced!

Leetay333
on 11/1/12 1:15 pm - Waldorf, MD
I decided on November 26th. Any time earlier just was not enough notice to my job.

emelar
on 11/1/12 2:39 am - TX

There just is no perfect time.  Pick a date and go for it.  If you want to have one last pre-op Thanksgiving, do it.  If turkey day isn't that big a deal, then go for the earliest date in the hope you'll be on regular or semi-regular food by Christmas.

Leetay333
on 11/1/12 1:16 pm - Waldorf, MD
Turkey day not that important. After my father passed 5 years ago, I'm just not as excited about it.

ms4jb
on 11/1/12 3:39 am
VSG on 11/28/12

I am scheduled for Nov 21st, a day before Thanksgiving. It was either that date or the 27th and because of the 2 days off I get for Thanksgiving, I will get some extra time to recover. Good Luck!

Leetay333
on 11/1/12 1:16 pm - Waldorf, MD
Good luck to you too.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 30 views