Food scales

Keywester
on 11/1/12 4:44 am
VSG on 12/05/12

Okay, I keep seeing on here that one of the kitchen essentials you need after surgery is a food scale.  Any recommendations?  Also anyone use a regular old Oster blender to puree food?

AdeanaMarie
on 11/1/12 5:52 am - MI
VSG on 03/08/12

I love my digital scale I got through weigh****chers.  It can switch from grams to ounces and you can zero it out once you put the plate on then just weigh the separate foods as you go, all on the same plate.

I would go with a nice digital one over just a balance scale.

“Not many of us are living at our best.  We linger in the lowlands because we are afraid to climb the mountains.  The steepness and ruggedness dismay us, and so we stay in the misty valleys and do not learn the mystery of the hills.  We do not know what we lose in our self indulgence.  What glory awaits us if only we had the courage for the mountain climb.  What blessing we should find if only we would move to the uplands of God.?  JRM

Bella_Fein
on 11/1/12 6:04 am, edited 11/2/12 3:21 pm - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I have had this EatSmart scale for 3 years and love it. It is so simple and I have not even had to replace the battery yet. I don't need anything fancy so this works for me.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

(deactivated member)
on 11/2/12 3:14 pm
VSG on 11/13/12

I got one from Walmart for $20.  Works great!

Kelly-AnneH
on 11/2/12 4:25 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
You can get a pretty decent digital kitchen scale for $20-30 and you'll find that you use it a LOT post op.

Any blender will do fine for the Purée stage.

Kelly-Anne

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

Most Active