Ouch.. headache..3 weeks in..6 days to go..

Micmac2
on 11/1/12 8:41 am

Hi all,

I started my self imposed liquid diet 3 weeks ago.  I had creamed soups and such and kept drinking the decaff diet cokes and occasioanl caffiene ones.  Ive gone from 226 to 214 but last Tues. was my offical one wee****il surgery.  I can have tylenol and Im taking my vitatmins, drinking my shakes, but this is the first 2 day headache I've had. Ugh.  Tell me it gets better. Im good mentally and hunger wise but this headache makes it hard to even sleep.  Bleh.

denise71gtx
on 11/1/12 8:58 am - Stuart, FL
Revision on 09/27/12

I am not an expert but in my experience of my self imposed liquid diet my headaches were better the 3rd day.  I believe in my case it was caffeine and carb withdrawal.  You are already doing amazing.  Keep up the good work you will do great.

Take care,

Denise

"Every day do something that will inch you closer to a better tomorrow"

SuzyNZ
on 11/1/12 9:15 am
VSG on 09/17/12
I did a self imposed pre-surgery diet too. How many calories are you getting? It may not be enough.

I still ate 800-1000 calories of real food a day, rather than doing full liquids ****il the last two days as per my NUTs instructions).

If you aren't getting enough calories, you might want to swap to liquids plus one proper meal a day. For dinner I was having 100 grams (4oz) of chicken or beef, and 2 cups of mixed veggies in a stirfry.

I lost 12kgs (22lbs) before surgery with this approach and didn't have any issues with headaches.

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

Most Active