Annoyed....

Mom_2_4
on 11/2/12 10:22 am
VSG on 05/22/13

So here I am in southwest CT and I had an appointment this week for my 6 month consult. Obviously there was a little weather issue ;-p and I could not make it! Now they tell me i have to start the 6 months all over!!  Are you kidding me!  Its not like I had a choice!

I'll call on Monday but I'm annoyed!

Elisa

HW: 254  SW: 238.2  CW:179.6 1st GW: ONEDERLAND 2nd GW: 150 GW: 135  Surgery: 5/22/13      

MuttLover
on 11/2/12 10:41 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Please call your insurance company and talk to them!  Usually the six month rule is an insurance rule, and ask if they will extend the timeframe for your Oct. appt. to Nov., since it was impossible to get there.  And if they say no -- the rule is the rule.  I would ask your surgeon to see you ASAP, submit anyway with an explanation, and if it's denied, appeal. 

And if you have a state insurance commissioner, also contact the commissioner and file a complaint.  I'd also mention to the insurance company that you will be contacting the state insurance commissioner and the local television stations.  

This is just too stupid for words - and I'm sorry you have to stew over it all weekend. 

sheranfour
on 11/2/12 10:45 am

I can understand why you are so upset. I had started this journey 2.5 yrs before I actually had the surgery. If I knew then that with all my bumps in the road it would have taken so long...I don't think I would have kept the drive to see it thru.

Now take a deep breath and breathe. I have to tell you...in all the time I waited...I learned more...met more people who had been thru the experience of WLS...had many life changes that in the end...allowed me to be SO MUCH MORE successful by the time I had the surgery, than I think I would have been if it was an easy and quick event...that was just MY journey.

HOWEVER...I am a card carrying member of the "things happen the way they are supposed to..."crew. If you have no control over this situation, find a way to use to use the time productively instead of being angry...and remember..IT WILL HAPPEN...deep breaths... you'll get there!

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Julie L.
on 11/2/12 10:47 am - Montreal, Canada
VSG on 11/08/12

That doesn't seem right,  what rationale do they have for having you redo the 6 months? 

Mom_2_4
on 11/2/12 10:50 am
VSG on 05/22/13

Thanks for the support! I know its not the end of the world, it just seems foolish!

MuttLover
on 11/2/12 11:06 am
VSG on 11/14/12

I agree, and I'm hoping that the insurance company will waive the "not skipping a month" rule since this was not something you could control.

When I was in my pre-op seminar, they said that if you miss a month, you have to start over, and that it was an insurance rule.  

Maybe your insurance company has Saturday hours, so wouldn't have to wait until Monday?

Mom_2_4
on 11/2/12 1:03 pm
VSG on 05/22/13

I didn't think of that, I'll try tomorrow.

Thanks again! I'll keep you posted.

swizzlequeen
on 11/2/12 2:08 pm

This is the most absurd thing ever! They say that Sandy may have been the biggest storm to ever hit the United States!

i love the idea to contact the insurance commissioner and the media.

Some flexibility is definitely called for here. Even the New York marathon has been cancelled, for gosh sakes! This is not a business-as-usual situation, where the usual rules and assumptions apply..

Sorry that you are going through this on top of everything else.

keep us posted on what happens. Actually, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of going to the media --

Most Active