Really !?!

AzureAurora
on 11/6/12 10:57 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12

Since I have been in Peru I have been volunteering at an international cafe. I love that I get to meet people from all over the world including other volunteers. The cafe is set up like a mission and all the proceeds from the cafe go to support local charities, luv that to.

A new volunteer arrived the other day and during the course of the conversation I shared that I had a barbaric surgery... I don't know what I weigh as I haven't seen a scale in three months but I do know how many inches I have lost and that the clothes I brought with me are too big, I am guessing I am down 120lbs.... Then he said "I have a hard time picturing you fat."   WOW, I still see myself as fat and having rolls. BUT it is nice to know that the new people I meet on a daily basis see me differently than I see myself. 

Cant wait till I get back to Canada in two weeks and see what my real numbers are and have my blood work done to see how I have done while being out of the country for so long. 

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

acbbrown
on 11/6/12 11:25 am - Granada Hills, CA

I sure hope you didnt have a barbaric surgery!!!  Even though days like today when I want to eat and I can't....it feels kind of barbaric!!

Glad you are enjoying your travels!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

AzureAurora
on 11/6/12 12:09 pm - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 02/06/12
OMG LOL!!!
Darn you auto correct. No barbaric surgery done...just the bariatric VSG

Highest 310 Start W 299 Surgery W 279 Current Weight 166.5 lbs      

maeya321
on 11/6/12 6:54 pm
VSG on 07/05/12

Barbaric! LOL 

I got the same thing recently - I'm only down about 75lbs but I've been told the same thing recently. It's a really nice NSV - to be told that someone can't picture you fat.  I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I'm smaller now than I've been since I was about 22. My scale has never been so low! 

MuttLover
on 11/6/12 8:36 pm
VSG on 11/14/12

Congrats on your great success and on the work that you are doing in Peru!

I am still laughing about barbaric surgery!

ParisGirl
on 11/6/12 9:14 pm
VSG on 04/25/13

Perhaps if the surgery were performed in the 12th century it might be barbaric.  LOL! 

So glad you're doing so well and enjoying your time abroad. 

Most Active