Sleeved 11/7/12

Ben K.
on 11/10/12 9:53 am - OK
VSG on 11/07/12

I had my sleeve done Wednesday the 7th early in the morning. About 6 hours after surgery I did my first lap around the hospital, and then a 2nd even longer lap around a few hours later. I came home Thursday afternoon and started with my protein/clear liquid diet. So far its been hard to make myself drink the protein. Friday I had one shake that took me the whole day to drink. I also got out and walked 2 blocks outside. I'm down to one pain pill at night and one in the morning after getting up. Today, Saturday, my wife noticed my biggest incision was slightly red all around it and very warm. We called the dr and he had us go to the hospital to check for infection. The dr said it was too early to tell, but gave us a prescription to get if it got worse. Also today I drank about 6oz of my shake and never got the full feeling at all. Later i had some broth and again never felt full. I'm afraid to drink to much as I don't want to hurt anything. I do keep getting what feels like a gas pain in my upper chest that I can pat on my chest and make go away. This seems to happen a few times every couple hours. I'll update more as I progress. The 21st I get to start on mushy foods, and I've never looked forward to mashed potatoes more!

justpete
on 11/10/12 10:02 am
VSG on 04/02/13

thanks for sharing your early experience, this is the scariest part for me.  glad to hear the pain is not unmanageable.  Doesnt sound like a lot of fluid there 6oz is 3/4 cup?  if it's fluid over time, seems like its definitely not too much.  I imagine the retention of fluid in the stomach is pretty short.  in and out.  the pros here will know for sure.  lol

karismommy231
on 11/10/12 10:16 am
VSG on 11/05/12
Thank you for sharing! im looking toward to a full liquid diet on the 15th then mushes two weeks after that!!

I've also thought that mashed potatoes sound yummy. too bad I can't have it on thanksgiving!

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

MuttLover
on 11/10/12 10:29 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Glad to hear everything is going pretty well! I am a fellow November sleever -- next Wed.  I'm hoping I do as well as you.

Sending best wishes for a super speedy recovery, and hoping that your drugs prevent any further redness, etc. around the incisions!

Take care!

Saukratees
on 11/10/12 8:20 pm - GA
VSG on 11/14/12

Wassup my SleeveTwin!  LOL! 

vabella
on 11/10/12 8:00 pm - TX

Im glad your doing so well.  keep us updated on how your doing. We all get on here and some post and some just read and it always helps to have positive feed back from fellow sleevers.   

jen

Saukratees
on 11/10/12 8:20 pm - GA
VSG on 11/14/12

Keep up the good work!

Most Active