Two Year Surgiversary...With Pics

onefunolygirl
on 11/12/12 3:07 pm, edited 11/12/12 3:18 pm - Olympia, WA

Wow...Its hard to believe it has already been two years since I had my VSG surgery.  What a ride it has been.  I have been reading these boards for a little over two years now and always appreciate seeing the before and after pictures of our OH peeps so I wanted to take a minute to share mine with you and a little about my journey.    

What they say is true and you will read it over and over again.  If you work your doctors plan in most cases the plan will work for you.  It wont work the same for everyone because we are all different so it is important you dont spend too much time and thought comparing your journey to others and the speed at which they may loose weight because that could just be setting yourself up for disappointment and a flood of emotions.  Instead, enjoy your journey and be thankful for the opportunity you have to improve your health and your life no matter how long it takes.  I have PCOS which tends to make losing a little more difficult, so what, it may of taken a little longer but I have arrived and what an awesome feeling it is to live in a body like this.  One I could of only dreamed about in the past.  

I am 52 years old, 5' 6" and about 155 lbs right now wearing a size 4 in most pants and a size small  in most tops. At two years out I still sometimes look at my body and think that I have big thighs or big arms but I know this is a process and it takes awhile for your head to catch up with your body because lets face it, like I said, I wear a size 4 so I know my legs cant be big.  Its unreal to go into the store and have to thumb through the clothes to find a size small top or size 4 pants, that is still hard to wrap my head around.  Dont get me wrong, I love it, its just still hard to believe these are the sizes I am buying for myself, you know me, the one who wears a size 26 and XXL, oh wait, that was the old me.  :)   My highest weight was 320 lbs many years ago and my surgery weight was 270 two years ago.  Since March of 2012 I have had in this order, a lower body lift March 2012, arm and breast lift combo June 2012, neck and cheek lift combo August 2012 and medial thigh lift October 2012.  

For all of those pre ops out there, If you feel this surgery is the answer for you, it probably is so do what ever it is in your power you can do to try and achieve this dream...because it is worth it!  

For all of those new post ops out there, it does get easier, so do what ever you can do in your power to try and achieve this dream...because it is worth it!  

For all of those further out, lets do what ever it takes to keep this dream alive...because it is worth it!  

Enjoy Your Journey because its Your Journey!   

Living Life and Loving It!!!     

Night before surgery at 270lbs

Las Vegas Sept 2012 at 155lbs

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

desertmom
on 11/12/12 4:41 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
My goodness,you look completely new!Fantastic!

May I ask how you endured the pain of all those surgeries?I will need every one of those myself but just cannot see how to get through the pain issues and down time after each.(I'm a taxi to my 11 year old..lol)

Having said that.People that went ahead and removed most of the old "battle scars" as I like to call the skin..lol..do not regain as easily as the ones that dont so I know I will have to do it.

Enjoy your beautiful new you!

jacreasy
on 11/12/12 8:42 pm
VSG on 04/23/12

You LOOK GREAT! So much younger looking lol amazing how weight can make us look older than we really are. AWESOME JOB!angry

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

onefunolygirl
on 11/13/12 3:10 am - Olympia, WA

Thank you so much.  Regarding my plastic surgeries:  I am a single person, retired with one child but he is 21 years old and living away from home.  Keep in mind, like how your VSG journey is your own individual journey so will be your plastic surgery journey.  My advice is research, research, research...to find the best doctor possible and then to know what to expect regarding each surgery.  For each of my surgeries, I prepared as much as possible ahead of time.  Toilet seat adapters, reaching tools, gauze, tapes, meds, ice packs, stool softeners, extra compression garments, protein drinks, recliner, drivers and help...with the biggest thing probably being the help.  There is a period of time with each surgery that you will need help just taking care of yourself followed by a period of time where you will be able to take care of yourself but no one else, not even pets and then after where you will slowly be able to resume your semi normal routine with some moving and lifting restrictions.  In regards to pain, yes I am not going to lie, there is definitely pain.  Stay on top of your pain meds and your stool softeners, rest as much as possible, get in your fluids and your protein.  No matter how bad the pain or pain in a$$ it was getting through these surgeries, I have no regrets and would do it all again in a heart beat.  Best advice is be prepared and know what to expect.

Best wishes to you for a successful journey.

5' 6", 53 years old 

Highest Weight:   320+  ( Years ago ), Surgery Weight:  270    ( 11/12/10 )
First Major Goal:       220     ( Century Club!!!  100 lbs lost from my highest weight, (Achieved  3/24/11))
Second Major Goal: 198.7  ( Onederland!!!  Have not been been there in 20+ years (Achieved  8/4/11))
Third Major Goal:     160     ( Lost Myself!!!  Half the person I used to be (Achieved 4/14/12 at 159lbs))

(deactivated member)
on 11/12/12 4:58 pm - Southeast, TX

This post definitely need a "LOVE" button

You are so full of inspiration and give people like me hope. I am a little over a year out and I think most of us can totally relate to what you said. The old me...still exists in my head, and I battle her EVERY day. Those size 6 jeans could not possibly be for me, but lo and behold...they fit, most of the time to my disbelief. People who have never had a weight issue, do not get these feelings.

Great post...congrats on your success and good luck to your future. You look AMAZING!

Trlme123
on 11/12/12 7:34 pm - Oswego, NY

Bravo!!!!!

Nancybefree
on 11/12/12 7:51 pm
VSG on 11/21/12

Congratulations, and thank you for the inspiration!

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

hollirrose
on 11/12/12 8:28 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
You look great. Thans for the post.
TSinNC
on 11/12/12 8:40 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

You look great! Congrats!

fooh.pngTina

Follow my journey at www.TinaRebooted.com  Blog, Recipes, Product Reviews, and more!

clawless89
on 11/12/12 11:01 pm
VSG on 11/20/12
Omg you look fantastic! And I love the dress!

Most Active