extreme high to extreme low

Latse
on 11/13/12 11:08 am
VSG on 06/18/12

Ok, take this all with gain of salt, I needed some place to vent that someone might understand.

This week my extreme high was breaking 3 digits and losing a total of 100lbs (so far) YAY me!

This loss inspired me to dig out a satin PJ set my mom gave me for Christmas 2 or 3 years ago that I was too embarrassed to tell her didn't fit, and try them oh.  WHOOOT they fit like a glove, I come jogging down my stairs (did I just say jogging, why yes I did) to show my husband.  

Here is the low part, he is so glued to his PC he can't even look up or say "good job honey"  so I say it for him and tell him a phrase that starts with F and ends with you. The extreme low part is that I march right into the kitchen and open the fridge.  Luckily this time I realize what I am doing immediately close the fridge, get my PM vitamins out and make a pitcher of crystal light.

I'm taking my vitamins and finishing my crystal light as I type, when finished I'm going to bed in my new PJ's with a romance novel where men know how to act because they are made up by female authors.

Good night

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

hollykim
on 11/13/12 11:53 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15

Good job. and the best advice I can give you bout the man is don't do it for him. Do it for YOU! wear your pretty pajamas for you,take a bath and put on perfume for you. he will notice soon enough,trust me. 40 years married xperience talking here

slimpickins5280
on 11/13/12 12:07 pm - CO

Your problem is you used words. Next time just pound the floor with your knuckles and beat your chest.

You'll be horizontal with your hubby in seconds.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

synthangel
on 11/13/12 12:26 pm - NV
VSG on 11/02/12

my husband is addicted to pc gaming. I so feel your pain. I was having one of those wallow in sadness want to eat to stuff the feelings just today. This is the first time I have gone through it since surgery so I dont really know how to handle it yet.

Good job on recognizing it!

pineview01
on 11/13/12 12:36 pm - Davison, MI

You rock those satin pj's with your romance novel (hopefully a really sleazy one.) 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

NewtoYou
on 11/13/12 12:57 pm
VSG on 09/10/12

I'll bet they looked GREAT!     And congrats on stopping at the fridge door!  :)

MY food is fuel, not a reward.  Its purpose is to sustain my body, not my soul.   ~ rhearob
Learning to love myself.

bob-h
on 11/13/12 7:19 pm - Bad Axe, MI
VSG on 10/09/12

Any man that is actually alive would have had you OUT of those PJ's in a heartbeat.  kiss

Failure  IS NOT  an Option                  

Tri_harder
on 11/23/12 8:14 pm

Men are funny...aren't they? Trust me, he noticed.  He is also very insecure.  He is worried you will leave him.  Many guys go through it after their wives lose weight.  Many marriages fail when one of them loses weight.  Also many marriages get stronger after a weight loss.  I have been with my husband for almost 42 years.  I've been on the low end of overweight to morbidly obese...up and down 110 lbs.  He loves me both fat and less fat.  He also has gone up and down 70 lbs.  I love him both fatter and thinner.  Were most of your "dates" going out to eat?  Now is he eating alone?  My husband has talked to several men after their wives had WL surgery to help them understand the "guy rules".  Don't think of bringing junk food into the house.  Yes she will go out to eat with you again (she will take most of her meal home or order a separate plate and only have 1 bite of your dessert).  You can walk with her after dinner.  Her mind is occupied with following the plan. She prefers gifts of flowers, jewelry and perfume over candy. etc.

You probably need to have a heart to heart with him.  Remind him you are doing this for him too.  You can be a better wife and mother if you are healthy without the 100 lbs. or whatever.  Try to help him understand the benefits of having a more fit wife.  I remember when  my kid's coach asked them if their dad got remarried?  (I had lost 110 lbs and dyed my hair blond).  I really looked like a different person.  I could feel his insecurity as other men flirted with me.  I went to extremes to reassure him how much I love him.  I have never cheated on him and he knows it.  He is the biggest blessing I have been given.  He helps me through the tough times now.  Our marriage is much stronger now and he is my best ally.  He goes out of his way to help me and encourage me now.  In the beginning though, I was the one that had to tear him away from the pc too.

He will get used to you as his "new wife" and enjoy you.  His buddies will say things about you.  He is more confused right now than you can imagine.  He probably thought you were bragging about the pjs.  Perhaps you need a trip to Victoria's Secret and rather than telling him "they fit" sit on his lap and kiss him.  He doesn't care what size they are, he wants to know you are dressing up for him and only him.  It won't take him long to start understanding the benefits of the new you.  Have fun.  Tri     

Most Active