Good Habits

Suzanne B.
on 11/14/12 12:41 pm - OR

Hi Everyone,

Just a thought I needed to say this, because I have been giving it a lot of thought!

I have seen quite a few things about people regaining some of their weight back after reaching their goal weight.  We all have worked hard to make some lifestyle changes by using our tool that we got because of weight loss surgery.  These are good habits.  But like one person said it is so easy to slip back into the BAD habits if we don’****ch what we are doing.

I have work long and hard to be where I am through making lifestyle changes and developing GOOD HABITS. It would be easy to slip back into the old and BAD habits.  I want what I have now more than to go back to the BAD habits. I also developed a GOOD HABIT of exercise, something I haven’t done in so many years, and it feels great to exercise everyday--not everyone does this everyday, but it works for me.

I always say pick your words carefully, because you can never take them back.  I also say the same about eating.  Keep the GOOD habits always first in your mind.  There is no food that you need or tastes that good.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
pineview01
on 11/14/12 1:45 pm - Davison, MI

Thank You for the post you are so right!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Suzanne B.
on 11/14/12 2:35 pm - OR
On November 14, 2012 at 9:45 PM Pacific Time, pineview01 wrote:

Thank You for the post you are so right!

Hi,

Thanks, sometimes I have these thoughts and I feel the are worth sharing. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Suzanne
Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
mickeymantle
on 11/14/12 2:47 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

thanks for sharing

(deactivated member)
on 11/14/12 6:30 pm - TN
VSG on 09/23/11 with

Brilliant post Suzanne!! ...We are totally on the same PAGE ... I have also discovered how daily exercise has become an addiction for me ... aerobics, yoga, jogging, multi-muscle workouts! ... I am addicted to Leslie Sansone's in home DVD's ... I track my exercise and food intake with an App called LoseIt ... It ALL keeps me focused and on track ... It's  making CHOICES ... moment by moment ... one day at a time ... What a tremendous journey that just keeps getting better!!!

Suzanne B.
on 11/15/12 12:19 am - OR
On November 15, 2012 at 2:30 AM Pacific Time, marsaglia wrote:

Brilliant post Suzanne!! ...We are totally on the same PAGE ... I have also discovered how daily exercise has become an addiction for me ... aerobics, yoga, jogging, multi-muscle workouts! ... I am addicted to Leslie Sansone's in home DVD's ... I track my exercise and food intake with an App called LoseIt ... It ALL keeps me focused and on track ... It's  making CHOICES ... moment by moment ... one day at a time ... What a tremendous journey that just keeps getting better!!!

Hi,

You are so very right.  I also do Leslie Sansone's DVD's when it is raining outside and I don't want to walk outside.  Keeping the good habits is something that you work at everyday.  Does it mean that I do not have a desert--no, but only once in awhile and a very small amount.  So I continue to stay true to my lifestyle changes I started over 4 years ago.

You are doing all kinds of exercise, congrats to you.  Keep up the good work. 

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/12 9:57 pm - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Great post! I love hearing from vets that are years out from surgery and doing well. I take what you say very seriously. I try to do daily exercise too and it makes me feel better too! It is not always easy but we have to keep practicing the good habits to ensure a good future.

Suzanne B.
on 11/15/12 12:28 am - OR
On November 15, 2012 at 5:57 AM Pacific Time, curiouskat wrote:

Great post! I love hearing from vets that are years out from surgery and doing well. I take what you say very seriously. I try to do daily exercise too and it makes me feel better too! It is not always easy but we have to keep practicing the good habits to ensure a good future.

HI,

You are on the right track, and it just has to become that GOOD HABIT.  At first it takes time to build those habits, then after awhile it is the "norm", but social settings and get together's with family and friends makes it hard sometimes.  I always used to feel like I was on display sometimes, because everyone was watching "just how little I ate."  I am sure they thought I was starving myself--LOL. But when you only have 20% of the stomach you used to have it really doesn't take much to make you feel full.

Keep doing what you are doing.  I am so very proud of you and your accomplishments.  Exercise is great, and it is the one BIG change that I have made in my life.  I know my neighbors think I am nuts to walk everyday.

Hugs,

Suzanne

Suzanne B
Eugene, OR
Dr. Aceves
10/21/2008 
Start lbs 225
Now 120
Most Active