Frittata!

MaryContrary80
on 11/14/12 11:15 pm
VSG on 09/04/12

I love love love a great omelet or Frittata. My question is what to do with it once I make it. I'm the kind of girl who likes to make a big batch of something and then eat it for a week so I don't have to cook every day. The problem is eggs can get mega gross if you re-heat them. So I'm wondering if I eat it at room temp, would it still taste good? Also does anyone know how long cooked eggs will keep in the fridge? 

Keith L.
on 11/14/12 11:24 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

quiche reheats nicely. maybe because of the cream? maybe add some cream to your fritatta and make is a crustless quiche.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

MaryContrary80
on 11/14/12 11:53 pm
VSG on 09/04/12

Good to know! Thank you! :) 

SuzyNZ
on 11/15/12 12:58 am
VSG on 09/17/12
I make little mini crustless quiches and freeze them in single bags to take to work for breakfast or lunch. Just nuke them for 45 second to heat up and they are great!

So rather than making one big one, make 12 muffin sized ones and then you are good to go for a week!

Suzy wink (Age: 41, Height: 6'1,  SW: 169.4kg/372lb.  CW: 80.5kg/177lb.  Total lost: 88.9kg/195lbs)

vabella
on 11/15/12 3:13 am - TX

I agree with Suzy on making them smaller and freezing them for later use.  If you do not like reheated food then you  have to learn to change the volume of food you cook  along with the amount  you eat.  This is a big adjustment for the sleever.   Good luck.  Im new at this still in liquid phase and my eyes have always been biger than my stomach so this will be a big adjustment for me to.

jen

MaryContrary80
on 11/15/12 3:43 am
VSG on 09/04/12

Thanks guys! I do like re-heated food in general, I have just found that sometimes eggs get weird when they are re-heated. Thanks for the muffin tin idea. I'll give that a shot and see how it goes! 

I'm not so much worried about adjusting portion sizes. I think I've gotten the hang of that. I measure everything, it's more that I don't want to take the time to cook every single morning and unless I have a protein shake, my breakfast is typically something cooked. Right now I cook up a tube of Jennie-o breakfast sausage on my George Foreman about 1 to 2 times a week and then refrigerate and eat 2-3 ounces of that each morning. I just wanted to mix it up and get more flavor without having to still cook (and wash pans) every day. 

Most Active