i knew it would happen eventually

Taelor S.
on 11/20/12 8:15 am - IN
Ever since I got my surgery date I've been super chill and experienced very little anxiety about the surgery itself. But here we are, on the eve of my surgery and reality has officially set in. I'm trying to focus on positive affirmations, but I just feel.... idk....uneasy? I know I'm not gonna die or anything crazy like that. I guess I just have jitters. I hear that's normal (lol). Someone tell me a story about how their surgery went perfectly and it was smooth sailing! :D
Happy Gurl
on 11/20/12 8:24 am
VSG on 10/26/12

It's pretty normal to feel that way.  Some don't feel nervous until they're rolling them into the surgical room, some for months ahead of time.  I feel there's no need to borrow trouble...it always manages to find you on it's own:) 

Mine was easy-peasy, textbook, outpatient, home a few hours after surgery, driving the next day, very little pain, and back to work in three days...does that make you feel better?  You're gonna do great, just you watch.  When's your date?

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

Taelor S.
on 11/20/12 8:39 am - IN
Gosh, you're lucky! I wish Iwas able to leave the same day! My surgery is tomorrow morning and ill be there overnight
Happy Gurl
on 11/20/12 8:56 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Oh my what a way to spend Thanksgiving!  Overnight will be come and go before you know it, so let them look after you.  I had gas pain and pain for a super tight binder (now I know how Kate Winslet felt like in Titanic) when I woke up.  The nurse gave me a shot for the pain, I slept another hour, and that was it.  The only other thing I experienced, and only for like a day and a half was pain in my back from drinking something cold.  Some people have that longer, so don't be too surprised.  Good luck and keep us posted on your progress:)

joannalu_1970
on 11/20/12 12:05 pm - CA
VSG on 01/29/13

Good luck!  Consider this extra night at the hospital as "your" day.  People will be taking care of your every need, and will be there if you feel funny or uneasy.  I say enjoy that extra day at the hospital, away from "real" life.  :)

Alice M.
on 11/20/12 8:49 am - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

Wow!  What a story!  My surgery is Dec.3 and I want to be just like  you!!!!  Congrats.

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

Happy Gurl
on 11/20/12 8:58 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Hahaha, I'm a slow loser so you probably don't want to be JUST like me.  My surgeon was really good, so I'm sure he gets most of the credit there.  Best of luck to you, Alice!

Angelicashearts
on 11/20/12 8:43 am - NV
VSG on 11/14/12

Your gonna do fine, Im one week out, I went in at 530am to prep surgery at 709am to be exact, and out in recovery by 9am I wont lie it was tough the first few hours I had alot of nausea, but thats it, no pain!!! Also released the same day, I havn't took any pain meds cuz i have none, your gonna do great, just make sure u have enough pillows and and a comfy bed, sleeping for me was hard, I normally sleep on my stomach so sleeping on my back is not comfy! But before you know your gonna be sleeved and on your way, good luck and keep us posted!!!

simmie78
on 11/20/12 9:05 am
My surgery was exactly two weeks ago. Everything was smooth sailing...I watched the endoscopy of my stomach (which they did right before) and the last thing I remember was him saying everything looks incredibly healthy, surgery was a go...then I woke two hours later to hearing the Obama won re-election...I then went right back to sleep for about 4 hours! Got up, walked around, used the bathroom...all systems a go! I was off pain killers in two days. I was released from the hospital on day two post-op. I seem to have a sleeve of steal because so far, nothing has really upset it. Back to work on day 8. I'm down almost 18 pounds in two weeks...which is nuts to me and I have a ton of energy...don't get me wrong, I'm exhausted at the end of the day, but it doesn't feel abnormal.

As an added comment...I had my surgery in Hong Kong by a gastric surgeon who does bariatric procedures about 3 times a month...that's it. I was worried sick for the week before wondering what the hell I was about to do! But in the end I trusted my decision and went into the operating room totally at peace and excited about the future! It was a total crap shoot and I've come out great (so far, knock on wood!). You should be in even better hands!!! It will be one of the best things you could have done for yourself!!

Good luck!

Currently 180 - 76 lbs lost! Surgery 11/7/12, 36 years old, 5'8". I live in Hong Kong and it's a bit different here!

Auveca
on 11/20/12 9:21 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12
Thanks to all of you!!! My surgery is a week from today and I can't sleep, can't eat, I am a freaking mess. Back and forth on why do I need this, what if it fails me, what if I fail it, what if it works... It was refreshing to read all of your affirming stories.
Blessings to you, OP, you will be smokin' sexy in that sleeve. ;D

Most Active