how long?

Taelor S.
on 12/1/12 2:40 am - IN
How long after surgery did you wait to go back to the gym? Ill be 2 weeks out on Wednesday, and although I don't really feel physically ready for that, mentally I REALLY want to get back at it. I feel so frustrated because I'm just ready to feel like a "Normal" person again and to really start getting these lbs coming off.!

[link=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [image noborder]http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar-leopard/cartoonstar01/lb/374/175/339/.png[/image][/link]

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/1/12 2:47 am
VSG on 10/09/12
2 weeks for walking on the treadmill or doing light eliptical, 6 weeks for the rest.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

acbbrown
on 12/1/12 2:47 am - Granada Hills, CA

I worked out for a year before surgery but I wasnt able to resume my normal intensity until about 6-8 weeks post op. I went back to the gym at 3 weeks but I literally only got on the TM and walked super slow for 20 minutes. I know its hard to be patient but you are still recovering from a a major surgery. Giving yourself a few more weeks to heal and recover will the most beneficiail in the long run. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

busymom39
on 12/1/12 2:53 am
I asked my doctor the same question. My surgery is next week. I do triathalons and century rides and my group starts training soon. I want to be apart of the action. He told be to give it at least a month and to start of very easy. The risk is a hernea at the sutere line.
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/12 3:03 am

Was allowed to do walking with a mild sweat after two weeks. Nothing prior to that. I didn't really start until about 4 weeks out. I just didn't feel up to it. I started working out with weights at about 10 weeks out. I was given the go ahead at 6 weeks, but wanted to make sure I was well healed because my partner had just gone through hernia surgery and it wasn't pleasant. Wanted to avoid a hernia at all costs.

Be patient and let your body heal. I wouldn't rush back into it. You have your whole life ahead of you - and this advice is coming from an exercise junkie-gym rat!

ravenbrown
on 12/1/12 4:07 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12
Ask your surgeon. I was allowed to do anything except lifting after a week. 4 weeks for lifting over 10 pounds, which lasted 2 for me bc I couldn't go longer than that not picking up my 20 pound toddler.

karismommy231
on 12/1/12 9:09 am
VSG on 11/05/12

raven....I was in the same boat. i picked up my 29 pund toddler after two weeks because she wants held a lot because she is scared of the dark. now I am afraid I have a hernia at the main suture hole because its been hurting on and off since that. Lets please pray I don't! i can't take more time off of work. :(

HW: 235, SW: 227, CW: 152.0, 83 lbs lost since 10/22/12 --Fear less, hope more, eat less, chew more, whine less, breathe more, talk less, say more, hate less, love more, and good things will be yours.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 48 views