Caffeine

Evymetalmommy
on 12/3/12 11:46 pm - LA
VSG on 04/19/12

I made it 3 months and now I'm working on stopping again.  It sucks letting go of it. However, i know I physically feel better without it.

incredibleshrinkingevy.blogspot.com/ My Blog!!

Nikke2003
on 12/4/12 1:18 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm pre-op and have a long ways to go... but I'm glad that I'm cutting out the caffeine now! I am a big Diet Pepsi drinker, but I have switched to Caffeine Free..... hopefully I can cut out soda all together sometime soon!

Good luck!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Kelly-AnneH
on 12/4/12 5:14 am - Edmonton, Canada
VSG on 06/26/12
I had my first Starbucks latte on day 6 after my surgery and it was WONDERFUL. However - because coffee is acidic, be careful at first. Some people find it doesn't sit well at first - for a few people that's forever. It may also taste funny for the first 4-6 weeks.

That said, one thing to keep in mind is that you'll be drinking SLOWLY after surgery, so you may want to think about iced coffee unless you have a coffee buddy like I do. My hubby would make himself a coffee, then pour 2 ounces into a pretty cup for me. I couldn't drink more than that before it was cold and uninteresting.

Highest 303.4, Surgery 263, Current 217.8, Goal 180

deemyers
on 12/4/12 8:02 am
VSG on 02/05/13
I gave up coffee after the endoscopy - I already had a raging migraine from the caffeine withdrawal and I thought - what the heck - lets just kick it in time for surgery. It has been one of the hardest things ever. I am a real coffee snob, grind my own beans and make my own coffee when I am not busy going over starbucks. My intention has always been to pick it back up when I get past the surgery. However, I noticed that the longer I go without it, the better it is. Give it a good go. I mean not a half hearted attempt, but a good 6 months without it and ask yourself at that point if you really want to pick it up again. if you do, then go for it (if your new tummy can tolerate it). If you find you dont need it, then its probably a good thing as well. Good luck!
Most Active