It's almost time

ALIFETOLIVE
on 12/3/12 10:08 am
VSG on 12/12/12

Well the days are quickly flying by. My surgery is set for next Wednesday. I feel like I'm ready, but not ready. If that make sense. I've researched for about a year, and committed to it this past September. I've read over all the material that my doctor has provided and I've done all the pre-work. But I feel like I'm not ready. 

Rita M.
on 12/3/12 10:33 am - Webster, MA

Wow, you only started in September? I started in April of 2012 and just had surgery this past Thursday. So all in all I had to wait 7 months. 

I am 4 days post-op and yes I was freaking out and had bad anxiety, but when I posted about my fears and concerns I read over and over that it is totally normal.

It wouldn't be normal if you weren't concerned or scared. It is major surgery, but low risk. Ask you surgeon about his experience and success rate and so forth. Ask anything you can think of and you'll see it will make you feel more at ease. 

Hugs,

Rita

Auveca
on 12/3/12 10:38 am - Houston, TX
VSG on 11/27/12

Normal!  Let go and let you sit with your decision.  Crap - I couldn't do it...hang in there!

ALIFETOLIVE
on 12/3/12 10:59 am
VSG on 12/12/12

Yup! Just started the ball rolling in mid September. I've done a lot of research on my doctor. So I'm covered there. I've asked all the questions that I couldn't find the answers to on line.

I keep reading as time goes by this surgery is something that most people are VERY pleased with. So I will sit in my decision and try to calm down.

Most Active