16 months out and only lost 55 lbs. Anybody else dealing with this?

VickyBT
on 12/3/12 11:41 pm - MI

Just wondering what the heck?!  Seems like most people initially lose 80 -100 lbs but I only lost 55 lbs and stopped losing around 6 months out.  My labs are all good.  I know how to do the low carb/high protein/water and know VSG is just a "tool" thing.  I have maintained my weight loss. Obviously I've been eating too many carbs to lose more but the main point of this post is I'm just curious about the poor first 6 months weight loss and wondering how many others have experienced this. I posted this to the slow losers forum and got basically no response so I'm still clueless as to what to think.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

acbbrown
on 12/3/12 11:48 pm - Granada Hills, CA

Im not quite sure what your question is. It seems like based on  your surgery weight vs goal weight, you had less than 100 lbs to lose making you a relative light weight. 55 lbs is a normal, appropriate expected weight loss - people losing 80-100 lbs in 6 months is  rare, and usually they are starting at a higher weight. 

What's done is done. You can't re-do those 6 months, but if you want to get the rest of the weight off, you can focus on that. It sucks to cut the carbs, but you can do it. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

O.kay
on 12/4/12 12:31 am - DFW, TX

I'm alot like you.  I wanted to lose 60-80 pounds overall, which puts me into the lightweight category I suppose.  The first six months tracked very well and I've lost 55 pounds.  Then I stalled, and what a stall it has been; I've only lost 2 or 3 pounds over the last 3-4 months.  I was worried at first, but what I am noticing is that I am definitely still losing inches.  I've gone down another size over these past few months, so I know stuff is still going on.  I do need to be better about controlling my carbs and getting more protein, and I could always improve in the exercise department.  For now, I'm just going to get through the rest of this month without straying to far from my diet, and then get my nose back to the grindstone in January.  Overall I'm still so pleased with how far I've come - even if I never reach my goal, I've come so far and feel so much better that I'd call this a big success for me.  Right now I'm just gearing up for the next big push!

Regards,

Mel

If God guides you to it, he will guide you through it!

(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 12:56 am
(deactivated member)
on 12/4/12 12:57 am

Would you please post the number of calories, carbs and protein that you are eating daily?

slimpickins5280
on 12/4/12 1:52 am - CO

I lost 48 lbs the first 6 months, so you beat me. Since the six-month mark I've lost another 14 - nothing grand, but at least the scale is still going down.

I agree with the above posters. You need to let go of the first 6 months and decide what you want the NEXT 6 months to look like.

VSG 10/18/11      If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one.-Dolly Parton

edelu
on 12/4/12 4:41 am, edited 12/4/12 4:41 am - los angeles, CA

I've lost 68lb in 16 months despite being completely compliant, 600-800 cals, 30-40 carbs, 60 protein.  The first 45 (I think) of them were in the first 6 months.  why?  For me a lifetime of dieting and keeping weight off too, for almost 12 years but part of that was going up 5lbs and doing a month of the Cabbage soup diet or some such.  Sure i fit in the dress for the event but it severely ate away at my lean muscle stores.  For the past year I've been trying to build these up again but it's very slow going.

I had 75lbs to lose and i had lost and gained in the year before i had this surgery and this contributed to it also but it doesn't mattter why.  It's a huge pain in the ass to still be in the losing phase but hell, it is what it is and other than my railing at the heavens there is no choice but to do the do until it is done.  Happy days.

VickyBT
on 12/4/12 5:01 am - MI

Thank you for your comments.
Again I was just curious about what happened the first 6 months.
I KNOW what i have to do to continue to lose weight.
I guess being a light weight made the difference.
I guess I was under the wrong impression that I would lose more the first 6 months.
Just wondering how many other have experienced the same thing.

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
 Willing is not enough; we must do.? ~Johann von Goethe

VSG Aug. 30, 2011 HW 266 SW 249 GW 166 lbs.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views