Fun with Syrups for You Non-Veg Types

Sleeveless
on 12/4/12 7:35 am - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Friends, I went to Cost Plus Monday evening for their flash sale on Torani syrups and stocked up on a few sugar-free flavors.

Then, I noticed a flavor I had never seen before: bacon! 

It's not sugar-free, but anyone who's willing to put a sweet bacon syrup in their mouth must not be all that picky.

I have no idea what recipe this could be used for, but felt a personal responsibility to let you meat eaters know about it. :-)

Fun fact: Did you know Spam was originally promoted when it came out in the 50s as "the new meat treat"?

Enjoy the porky goodness!

wmubronco03
on 12/4/12 8:00 am - MI
VSG on 11/30/12
I beleive I will be making some room in the carbohydrate category for bacon syrup!

Bella_Fein
on 12/4/12 10:49 am - TX
VSG on 02/18/13

I saw it online! Bacon is awesome! I think you could use it to make one of those bacon ice cream sundaes. Maybe on your pancakes? Who knows! Possibilities are endless!!!

Ouch. Think I may have figured out my weight problem! 

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Calking
on 12/4/12 1:10 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

That just doesn't sound right to me.  Yuck.

On a side and historical note, Dolly Madison (President James Madison's wife) and he were fond of throwing parties.  Back then of course there were no refrigerators.  They had ice boxes.  They used to hand make their ice cream.  Dolly Madison's favorite flavored ice cream was ......... wait for it ........... drumroll .......... oyster flavored.  Another big and historical Yuck.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Sleeveless
on 12/4/12 3:36 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Amazing, CalKing. That's not only freaky, but a lovely tidbit for next time I play Jeopardy against friends. :-)

Most Active