Recommending a new protein

carebear32958
on 12/4/12 2:56 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

So everytime I go into GNC the very attractive, extremely in shape/hot bod guy gravitates towards me.  (Wish he'd give me his number instead of his spiel) But, I've been using the AMP 60 wheybolic powder for almost a yr now and I'm getting really bored so looking to switch it up, I was talked into buying these  "New Whey Liquid Protein" shots.  Its 3.8 oz,  180 cals,  0g fat, 2 carbs, 0 sugars, 42g protein, 100 mg sodium and 150 mg potassium.  Its kind of thick and syrupy consistency and I only drank half of it (my nut says stay around 20-25 gr protein in a sitting otherwise my body wont absorb it, just flush (ie pee) it out)  It has a good flavor, got the grape, didn't have an overload of protein-y taste.  So I would definitely recommend them!  Now I am looking forward to telling my Dr  that after 4.5 months I will finally be able to reach my protein goal with this little bad boy adding 42 grams of protein to my day!  Yay Me!!!

ALIFETOLIVE
on 12/4/12 3:06 pm
VSG on 12/12/12

I recently heard of these. My plan is to check them out this weekend. I'm not too sure I can do think and syrupy. But I'm willing to try. Thanks!

carebear32958
on 12/4/12 4:39 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

You are welcome.  I was just in awe because its soo little liquid to drink and seriously, I chugged the first half earlier and then I finished it off about 30 mins ago.  I have been getting to sick of sucking down the 8-10 oz protein shakes that take me almost an hr to drink because of how thick they are.  Its just a nice change in flavor and texture.  Good luck, hope you like em! :)

Rita M.
on 12/4/12 6:18 pm - Webster, MA

Thanks for the info. How big are the shots? How many come in a pack? How much do they cost?

Hugs,

Rita

Antimony40
on 12/4/12 7:01 pm - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

The New Whey shots are not whey protein isolate, they are a mix of proteins that start with collegen....meaning not the best  choice for bariatric patients.

If you're interested in a shot or bullet, Yes Whey appears to be the only 100% whey isolate protein shot available--same size, but only 25 grams of protein...

Just putting it out there...I've tried both--only preference I have is that they New Whey has more protein, but given that it's not the optimal protieinnot sure that matters.

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

carebear32958
on 12/4/12 7:25 pm
VSG on 08/16/12

Thank you for letting me know I didn't realize that the collagen whey protein isolate wasnt  as good for us, actually I have never heard of it, lol, but now that I know I will check into it.  I'm not sure what percentage of the shot is the collagen blend and how much is actually whey isolate, I will look into it further.  I'm also seeing my surgeon today so I will ask him if he thinks its at all beneficial for my to use.  Thanks for the heads up! :D

KnitsByMama
on 12/4/12 9:45 pm - MO
VSG on 10/16/12

I've tried these and they are TERRIBLE. Has a fishy taste to them. Glad you can stomach them, wish I could because it would seriously help with getting my protein in. Oh well. 

T_MOM
on 12/4/12 10:49 pm - MN

I bought the shots at Walmart.  I have tried the watermelon and the grape.  Grape is better.  I add half to water and sip all day.  cuts the strong, sweet taste and gets my water and protein in. 

The one I got actually said good for bariatric patients, I will be checking with my Dr. to make sure it is ok.

acbbrown
on 12/5/12 12:03 am - Granada Hills, CA

None of those protein bullets are going to do you any good. Even "new whey" is not whey protein. It has such a small amount of actual whey protein that it's a joke and completely misleading. They are made with these protein blends that, after you do a little research, are mostly collagen. 

I use Cellucor Super Sport Performance Whey from GNC - it's vanilla and blends well and has such a slight taste that I can add it to  any protein shake and it doesnt change the taste in any way. Its 130 cal, 30 g of high quality protein. Its relatively expensive, but since I only use 1/2 scoop in my shakes, it goes a long way. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Keith L.
on 12/5/12 12:25 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I have always heard to stay away from the shots because the protein in them is collagen which our bodies can't absorb. Its not the right kind of protein for us. Some of the new ones are starting to include Whey protein but many times the first ingredient is collagen which means there is more of that than anything else in it.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views