Nearly 3 days out

sincerelythefatgirl
on 12/5/12 2:23 pm
VSG on 12/03/12

So I had my surgery Monday morning and whew! the pain was terrible when i woke up! but quickly controlled. I had a lot of back pain on my left side more than anything. Also, the drain was a discomfort. But now here I am..been home for a day and a half... I am ok.

Pain sitting around a 3 ---6 at the most but nothing my med cant take care of

Doing great on my fluids

Already had 2 (small) bm's

Able to eat bouillon cube soups and jelllo- with ease

minimal gas pain..but when it does come, ugh ugh!

Moving, moving, moving!!!

I am very happy with my decision and am excited for the rest of my journey  kiss

Only thing i really can't shake is an incision on my left side...it has been very bothersome, but I am sure it will pass 

thanks,

katie

mickeymantle
on 12/5/12 2:28 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

sorry you had pain when you woke guess they didn't give you enough pian meds , glad everything is going great now

sincerelythefatgirl
on 12/5/12 2:35 pm
VSG on 12/03/12

Thank you!! and yea I guess they didn't ...either way I will be glad not to feel that again! haha

Calking
on 12/5/12 2:48 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

Congrats on starting this path to weight loss.  You seem to have a great attitude and I am thinking you will do very well.  

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Terrimarv
on 12/5/12 7:09 pm - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
I agree with Calking--your positive attitude will carry you through many trials to success! I had my surgery on Tuesday--band removal, sleeve, hiatal hernia repair--and hope to go home today. Still a lot of upper abdominal pain, but I'd rather take my own Norco at home and walk around my own house!
sincerelythefatgirl
on 12/6/12 5:12 am
VSG on 12/03/12

Thank you, thank you both!

I am trying to be positive..which seems to be very easy especially today! I FEEL GREAT!! 

Plus my fiancee' has been a real trooper, he is my rock..and my hand when i'm getting off the couch - ha!

And, Terrimarv, I am sorry you are having a lot of pain.. i hate that.. im sure it will pass soon! I felt 10x better in my own house so maybe when u go home and everything is familiar the anxiety and pain will subside.. you are in my prayers. :)

--katie

Alice M.
on 12/5/12 10:10 pm - Taylor, MI
VSG on 12/03/12

Glad to hear you're on your way.  I too had the sleeve on December 3 and am so excited to get started.  Sorry you had pain.   Seems like my only pain has been the gas pain, but it isn't awful.  Looking forward to next week and having a lot of this early stuff behind me.  Keep in touch.

Alice

Never dreamed that I could feel this good about myself again.  Looking forward to many healthy years now.

SW (6/27/12) - 255   PreOp (12/3/12) - 210   

LucysJourney
on 12/6/12 1:20 am - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

Congrats on coming thru your surgery ok...always scary...I am so happy to hear you are doing well.  Keep up the good work...and keep us posted on your progress...

sincerelythefatgirl
on 12/6/12 5:16 am
VSG on 12/03/12

I definitely will keep the posts coming..even if no one reads.. bc for me it is sort of a therapy just to write it out, you know? ;)

I am just thrilled to finally have this golden opportunity.

Have you heard anything more of your surgery???

LucysJourney
on 12/6/12 9:34 pm - VA
RNY on 01/14/13

I will do my best to keep up with your posts...because like you, for me it is inspirational therapy.  I will also continue to post because it helps to sort out my thoughts and feelings so I can deal with them instead of hiding from them.

I am happy for you as well and I really hope this tool is what will get you to your destination...

I have not yet heard regarding my approval from the insurance company...however, it has only been 3 days since the bariatric center gave me the green light and submitted my case to my insurance company....I am sure it is just to soon....but rest assured I will let the WORLD know when I know...lol

Most Active