Day 2 post op

Kelli M.
on 12/6/12 5:10 am - CA
VSG on 12/04/12

First, I'd like to thank you all for the kind words before I went into surgery. They were very helpful and kept me from panicking. I've noticed some people had no pain after surgery, and some were in agony. Well, of course, I'm one of the few in a lot of pain. I'm drinking the liquid Vicodin I received and it's helping a bit. I've been trying to walk, but I'm tired from the medication and still in pain. I've passed gas once, but haven't burped at all. How much of that should I be doing? I have a bad headache, but I think that's from the caffeine withdrawals. The Isopure is kinda gross, but I'm handling it. I'm about to have some chicken broth for lunch. Yum! Was anyone able to find low sodium beef broth? I couldn't seem to find it.

But don't let me make you think it's all bad. I've already lost 6 lbs, which sounds totally crazy, but awesome! I'm so excited! I'm getting tons of support from friends and family, and everyone is sending me best wishes. It feels wonderful.

Kelli

sincerelythefatgirl
on 12/6/12 5:24 am
VSG on 12/03/12

I am 3 days post op

I had a ton of pain when i first got out but today i feel completely and utterly awesome! hang in there!!

I have been burping since i fully woke up from anesthesia.. but I can't pass gas unless it is RIGHT THERE. I can't push. 

As far as beef broth, couldn't find low sodium but the chicken is heavenly-- plus peach jello is my fav!

Keep your head up and good things will come!!! 

-- katie.

Rita M.
on 12/6/12 5:25 am - Webster, MA

Hi Kelli,

I was one of those people with lots of pain and I had to have something stronger as far as pain meds go. I had also anti nausea meds every 3-4 hours and it was all scary.

I couldn't swallow too much cause everything that hit my stomach causes great pain, spasms and cramps. Still have them but not as bad and I am 7 day post-op. Have not had a BM but was able to pass some air every once in a while. My burps a very small and alway**** me after I take a sip of liquid, whatever it is.

Other than that I was pre-menopausal also and wouldn't you know it I did have my TMO since June and of course yesterday it hit me. Crazy. I guess our bodies are just going through some tough changes. 

I am sure you will be fine. Give it some days, at least one week.

Hugs,

Rita

MuttLover
on 12/6/12 5:30 am
VSG on 11/14/12

Glad to hear that you are doing so well!  Keep us posted, and congrats on the loss already!

Starting weight: 260; Surgery Weight: 250; Month 1: -15.6; Month 2: -11.8; Month 3: -11.4;  Month 4: -7.4  Month 5: -8.6; Month 6: -3; Month 7 -3.8; Month 8 -7; Month 9: stall; Month 10: -4.4; Month 11: - 2.6; Month 12:-3.4

Kelli M.
on 12/6/12 8:25 am - CA
VSG on 12/04/12

Katie, I'm happy you're doing well today! I just had some chicken broth with a little lemon and it was wonderful! I love peach jello too, so I'm gonna make some in a bit.

Rita, I'm sorry to hear you were in so much pain. Mine's not so bad where I need different meds, but it does hurt a lot. Our bodies are definitely going through a lot! My TMO started before the surgery, stopped, and started back up again after the surgery. Obnoxious!

Muttlover, Thank you! I'll totally keep you posted!

Kelli

acbbrown
on 12/6/12 9:21 am - Granada Hills, CA

Sorry to hear you are in pain! It will all soon be a distant memory and you'll be celebrating your new life ;)

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

texasrigdiver
on 12/6/12 12:10 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Sorry your in so much pain. I'm a week out today and I can completely relate. The first 5 days was incredibly rough for me. I wasn't able to pass gas or burp for 4 days. I also ended up with a leak at the navel incision site that would have required repair surgery today had I not got it under control. I've never had OCD before and I've never been manic depressive. But I have to say, I feel really good today, better then a I have in a long time, almost a mild manic. I'm wondering if its just a response from feeling so incredibly bad for the last week. 

I'm sure you'll feel better soon and when you do you're going to love it.

Deep knee bends helped me. From a sitting position on the toilet to standing up straight, bending over a little bit, then sitting back down. Seemed to get things moving a lot more then countless laps around the nurses stations.

Welcome to the dark side!

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

MsBatt
on 12/6/12 12:23 pm

Texas, the OP had a Sleeve, not a DS. The "dark side" is the DS world. (We have cookies! *grin*)

texasrigdiver
on 12/6/12 1:42 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12

Oh, heh heh, I wonder why the "dark side?, explain the cookies, I don't get that either...

I hope people don't mind me posting on this board, as a DS'r, I'll have the same food volume restrictions as those that had the VSG.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

MsBatt
on 12/6/12 10:49 pm

Well, of course there are the initials"DS" for both "Duodenal Switch" and "Dark Side", but there's also a Darth Vader poster from years ago. Darth's holding out his hand and saying "Come to the Dark Side. We have cookies." Since DSers have the most liberal post-op eating plan of any of the WLSs, we do eat cookies,occasionally. (*grin*)

And no, you probably won't have the same food volume restrictions as VSGers. Most surgeons make the DS Sleeve a bit larger, since we actually need to eat more food than Sleevers do, to balance out our malabsorption of protein.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 40 views