Planning Revision After Baby....

Brandi D
on 12/7/12 5:25 am

This pregnancy seems to be doing good... Baby is due July 14th.. I've got my life back together completely.. I figure I'll get up to 230-240 with this pregnancy.. then maybe could get back to 200 after.. I'm thinking of doing an Alvarez revision....

The 40 Bougie has just stretched.. mixed with all the sex, drugs, and rockandroll of year two......

How much does the Alvarez revision run about now??? and he does 32s, right?

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/12 5:27 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Congrats on the baby, B. 

I dont think sleeve revision is an Alvarez offering at all.  I mean, lap to sleeve, but not sleeve to sleeve.  Check, but I think not.

Here's to healthy babies and healthy futures.

Brandi D
on 12/7/12 5:30 am

I thought he re-sleeved for those of us who had surgeons who did big bougies.... It's basically just a sleeve again.. since we stretched...

I see VERY few sleevers who got 34s or below.. complaining about stretching....   3.5 years later.. I eat like a normal chubby... or CAN.... I have to make good choices.. but volume just is more than I want...

"If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning." ~Aristotle Onassis
(deactivated member)
on 12/7/12 5:33 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

In my head I dont think so..but I also think tampons are the reason for cervical cancers.  :}  Which is to say, just because I think it, doesnt make it true!  :}  Do check with him girlie, because I could be wrong, wrong, wrong!

frisco
on 12/7/12 8:55 am

I think I read here the issue is that the stretched tissue is to thin... didn't hear that from a doctor.....

I have heard that there may be a piclation type procedure done from the inside for a tighten up......

Congrats on baby and gettin your act together !!!

frisco

*** I hope people who do not think sleeve size matters read this post......

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Brandi D
on 12/7/12 10:33 am

Yes Sleeve size absolutely matters.

I"m sure cocaine didn't STRETCH my sleeve.... in sobriety I probably ate things I shouldn't have at first.... but the stretching and volume is back to normal skinny girl eating... whole plate of food... or two tacos.... or whatever...

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/12 5:59 am - Greater Austin Area
VSG on 02/03/12

Congrats on the baby coming! Do you think maybe you can just eat more cuz you're preggers? I remember I could eat a lot more when I was pregnant with my regular old tummy for sure and then I went back to eating less after my baby got here, so maybe that could be true with your sleeved tummy too? I mean, it could be that. Just like when I am pms'ing it seems like my sleeve can hold a bit more than normal even dense protein I seem to eat a half ounce more when I'm pms'ing.

Just fyi, I know for a fact that Dr. Aceves has done re-sleeves for those with large sleeves or improperly done sleeves.

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 6:12 pm - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Yo, babyB.  Here is a lady with a similar situation who says she is scheduled for resleeving.  Not sure if she can be helpful answering questions for you!

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/4590908/Sleeved-a nd-then-re-sleeved-Anybody/

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views