3 Days Post Op

Bill_Rodgers
on 12/7/12 9:46 pm - Browns Mills, NJ

I got my sleeve on 12/5/2012, I also had a big hiatal hernia that my surgeon fixed.  Pain on the first days was the most extreme as of today it is much more bearable.  

My biggest issues are everytime I swallow water I feel a "lump" coming up from my stomach.  It has gotten better from last night til this am.  

What I do have n my favor is a GREAT support system in my wife and children so I know I will get thru all of this, cant wait to sleep on my stomach again.

I have read alot of posts here and I would like to thank everyone that puts this information out as it makes me feel like I am not the only one going through this alone

Rita M.
on 12/7/12 9:53 pm - Webster, MA

Well I think it might be air. I have the problems with spasms and cramps. Every time I drink anything I feel them. Of course we also swallow air and that might be the "lump" that you feel and or the hiatal hernia the doc fixed and it takes time to heal.

Regardless, if you are worried then call your doctor on Monday and find out what they think.

Good luck.

Hugs,

Rita

ULA_LONG
on 12/7/12 10:56 pm
VSG on 12/05/12

Definetely sounds like gas.It is painful especially feels like your wind pipe is going to explode....YES?

blair94
on 12/7/12 11:10 pm - Oklahoma City, OK

sounds normal to me. Glad you are feeling better!!

Message me for my Instagram/Facebook/Twitter details.
texasrigdiver
on 12/7/12 11:35 pm - TX
DS on 11/29/12

It sounds normal to me also, I had the same thing happen. I did a little messing around and found out that sensation was from the water being cold, ice water. I switched to room temp water and the sensation stopped.

good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine.

"...the sun is the same in a relative way but were older, shorter of breath, and one day closer to death..." Pink Floyd 

LilySlim Weight charts

M1(22);                                        

Bill_Rodgers
on 12/8/12 12:20 am - Browns Mills, NJ
Thank you everyone, I have changed to room temperature water that seems to help, the episodes are less today so I believe I am moving in the right direction
(deactivated member)
on 12/8/12 12:41 am

Congrats on being sleeved. It's gonna be a wild ride, but you'll love it, hopefully.

Strange as it may seem, but different temperature liquids sit better on a newly sleeved stomach. I did very well with tepid and warm liquids. Cool and cold liquid were a no go for my new sleeve. I didn't get a lump feeling per se, but cool liquid made my stomach feel really heavy and uncomfortable and sort of triggered reflux feelings. Maybe that's what you mean by the "lump".

Anyway, since it's getting better, it's probably not a big deal, but check with your surgeon's office anyhow, just to be sure.

IHeartMexico
on 12/8/12 1:31 am
VSG on 01/21/13
Congrats!!

I have my surgery date Jan 21! So glad you are recovering well and have a great support system.

Christine

Christine Heusinger
on 12/8/12 1:49 am - GA

hi Bill! I'm one day behind you. I had my sleeve on Thursday, 12/6.

Good luck, buddy!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 46 views