Day before VSG..any advice? I'm nervous! And starving to death!!

Jodysdreams
on 12/8/12 9:07 am
You know...it's very hard as you all know, to do the 2 week pre op clear liquid diet..I cheated a few times..but something came to me...this is the last time I will be able to eat normally..and I can't!! have any of you cheated? I realize it's too late to cheat now..surgery is Monday...but MAN!! I want to soo bad!!!
Can the surgeon tell if you be cheated? I lost 15 pounds in the past 12 days and I'm already under 190 lbs!!
How long after surgery before. I will be able to eat real food? I am craving salad with Thousand island dressing so bad! And I never used thousand island dressing before this diet! Wierd huh??
Who's hungry???

Jody

Terrimarv
on 12/8/12 9:23 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
I completely forgot about eating "old favorites" before I started my pre-op liquids, just didn't think about it in time. But after starting liquids, no turning back now. You'll be able to have your faves again, just not today, and in much smaller amounts when the time comes. And yes, after more than 2 weeks on liquids (surgery 4 days ago), I am hungry!
rissa1224
on 12/8/12 9:34 am - NJ
VSG on 12/05/12
I had my surgery on the 5th. My pre op diet? All day Tuesday was just liquids. I think you'll be ok. I was so nervous, I even cried when they wheeled me to the OR. Honestly you will be fine, if I got through it you can! I'm still dealing with gas pains and it sucks but like others say, each day gets better. Good luck

lucy2e
on 12/8/12 9:39 am - Laurel, MD

Deep breath - this is just a very short time.  Is eating anything really worth risking postponing your surgery.  You know the saying - nothing tastes as good as skinny feels.  It's just your mind messing with you - stay strong!

My best advice as you get ready for Monday is to re-read your information.  Post-op you will be very groggy and will make mistakes (trust me), get as much information clear in your head while your head is still clear!  Good luck Monday - prayers and happy thoughts are headed your way!

Lucy  (Imma Loser!)
  LilySlim Weight loss tickers                  
HW 335 SW 311 CW 181.2 -- Goals:  Twoderville - 6/7/11, 280 - 7/1/11, 260 - 8/1/11, 240 - 10/30/11 Centry Club - 11/22/11, 220 - 12/27/11 Onederland - 5/25/12, 180 - , 170 (surgeons goal) -  
We shall see where this leads...  

utahrob
on 12/8/12 9:53 am

Relax Lucy2e, everything's going to be just fine. I didn't  do any preop diet and I'm 3 months out and down 70 lbs.

After surgery, follow the post diet and start exercising and the weight will melt away.

You can achieve your weight loss dreams!

Best of luck,

Utahrob

Rita M.
on 12/8/12 10:36 am - Webster, MA

Man, I was starving before surgery and after surgery! I don't know if that is head hunger but stomach actually growls when I get hungry. I can only ear full liquids now but I eat when I feel hungry and I stop exactly at the point where I feel remotely full.

I eat about 3-6 times per day and all is small portions and lots of liquid. I think the cravings are head hunger and because you remember what it tastes like and so forth. I get that too and it is ok with me. 

I am looking forward to the day where I get to eat real food again, I mean solid food not high sugar or high fat, just solid, lol.

Hang in there Hon and good luck with sugery.

Hugs,

Rita

Jodysdreams
on 12/8/12 11:34 am

Thank You everyone! Today is the end of 12 days no food..just liquids..so it's hard..as you all know...I don't understand why some doctors only require one day fast, some let you eat some foods etc...I have read so many different scenarios...it makes you wonder why...that is why I feel like it doesn't matter too much if I have a few pumpkin seeds or something that I can actually chew..

I have to say, reading everyone's posts on this site has helped me so much!!  I don't think I'm going to be able to make it without everyone here..thank you from the bottom of my heart...because I'm so afraid of failing! I have to get my diabetes under control..it's killing me...I have NASH too...

thank you everyone! God Bless!! pray for me Monday, please? Xox

Jody

Living4MyBabySon
on 12/8/12 3:57 pm - CA
VSG on 12/17/12
I'm on day 6 of liquid diet, I did good all this week and this morning up until this afternoon I was on the road with my son and nieces and they got hungry so we stoped to get something to eat. I decided to cheat. I figured this would be the last time in my life I would ever be able to eat like this. So I have been on a cheating role ever since...Shame on me.

Sleeveless
on 12/8/12 5:20 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Jody, your feelings are both familiar and understandable, but I think it's too late for you to cheat now. Your stomach needs to be empty for the surgery. Please don't risk your surgery at this stage after all you've gone thru.

Good luck on Monday!

meljac22
on 12/9/12 9:12 am - NE
VSG on 10/09/12

I agree.. Don't Cheat now.. You have come to far to do that.. especially since surgery is tomorrow.. Drink Water.. You will be ok.. and stay busy.. If you think you have to chew, then chew a piece of SF Gum and that might help your motion of chewing.. Good Luck Tomorrow !!! 

Most Active