Dr. Cirangles Program - Irina, Frisco, et al

maddiesun
on 12/10/12 10:33 am

Hello! Apologies in advance to all other programs and all other patients (and no offense intended to anyone)... but from my short time on these boards and browsing I've seen that Dr. Cirangle's program , pre-op and post-op yields amazing results. Some programs not so much. I also know this is in combination with the individuals own motivation and hard work, etc but generally that's the feel I'm getting from the myriad of programs in the Bay Area. It's funny, bc I was considering Dr. Cirangle ( I saw him on a tv show a couple years ago :) for a hawaiian resident) and incredible online reviews but when I went through the process, I saw Kaiser would pay for mine through their program, as opposed to self pay through Dr. Cirangle's. 

Long story short: would any of you mind posting your pre-op and MORE IMPORTANTLY post op programs to help guide not only me but anyone else that doesn't have programs that are as successful. What information was given to you guys, and what you followed, along with your own little tricks and tips and droplets of wisdom. It also seems like you guys have a better networking, and support system too. Oh the envy! Sorry if it's redundant, if you've already posted. I really appreciate your time!

Thank you very much, you guys are so inspiring! :)

xoxo 

Maddie

ruggie
on 12/10/12 11:17 am - Sacramento, CA

One thing that Cirangle preaches is to keep the protein up, waaaay up.  Definitely worked for me.  I was eating 100g protein during weight loss.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

frisco
on 12/10/12 11:20 am

Were not allowed to post that info.........(hint....it's here.... do a little digging)

I would really think about this...... if your in the bay area......and if you only paid for one more thing in your life...... I'd self pay to DrC knowing what I know now (I was a self pay).....All VSG's are surgically not the same and a big part of Cirangle success stories are from aftercare and education. Your self pay price includes "technically" 3 or 5 years of aftercare.... that said.... I've never heard of any of his patients being charged after that time.

He runs his own support groups "Ding Ding"..... very rare......During WL I saw him two or three times a month...... anyone who thinks face time with your surgeon isn't helpful...... well..... that would be less than smart. Access to his on staff Nutritionist by e-mail, phone or appointment.......

I know money is always an issue......but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do.....DrC has many with Kaiser insurance that self paid him.....Buy a cheaper car, hold off on re doing the bathroom......invest into yourself this one time for this one thing......

Just a suggestion.....

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Wildcat-NYC
on 12/10/12 11:41 am
VSG on 08/16/12

Protein (80+ grams a day), fluid (100+ oz a day), and exercise (I do 4 times a week, 2 cardio swimming sessions and 2 strength sessions)...I was an out of state Dr. C patient and though I don't have the benefit of going to group, I have monthly phone meetings with both Dr. C (yes, he personally calls me) and his Nut.

I'm with Frisco - if you only pay for one large thing for the rest of your life, pay for this.

I'm almost 4 months out and have lost 50% of my excess weight and I have no doubt that I'll make it to my goal.

Tracker starting weight = surgery weight    
(deactivated member)
on 12/10/12 1:40 pm

What can I tell you, that is not going to make everyone else really mad?  The truth is that Dr. Cirangle does this well, really, really well.  He starts off by making a tight sleeve that will be godsend in maintenance, his technique reduces the chance of GERD, then he gives you an awesome plan, follows you very regularly and makes sure you have full access to a NUT and a great support system.  Can you get that somewhere else?  Maybe.  But I have never ever regretted a single penny I paid for this and would choose this program over just about everything else I have seen out there.

The main program can be found on here if you really search, but we are not allowed to send it out.

Lee ~
on 12/10/12 2:21 pm - CA
I was not informed enough pre op. I was one of the first N. Ca. Kaiser Sleeves. If I knew then, what I know now. I would have gotten a Cirangle sleeve. However, that said, I love my Kaiser Bariatric surgeon and he's treated me exceptionally well.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

maddiesun
on 12/11/12 3:58 pm

Lee!

May I private message you? RE: N CA Kaiser Sleevers, if you dont mind that is. Thank you in advance!!!kiss

Lee ~
on 12/11/12 10:12 pm - CA
Yes of course! I am on a business trip so I may not see it until tomorrow. I go th Kaiser Richmond, Dr. Baggs.

HW: 249   SW: 229 GW: 149 Age: 63 - Body by Sauceda - 12/2011

maddiesun
on 12/12/12 3:41 am

Lee, thank you so much!  However, it says (below), can you message me then, whenever you have the time? Sorry about the hassle!

We're sorry, but we could not find a profile at /member/creatinglee/ or the owner of the profile has made it private.
Take a look to see if the one you are looking for is listed below.

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/12 2:31 pm - CO

If a surgeon is truly interested in helping people to become more healthy why would he not let his patients....especially successful ones.....share his basic post op eating and exercise plan with others who hope to become healthy? I find this a bit odd. I know there are MANY on here who love him....but seriously is this really going to hurt his bottom line? Or is that really his main concern? Great....have a feeling I will get blasted now but what is it that is so "secret" seems weird.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views