Update and Happy Hanukkah/recipe

seaco11
on 12/10/12 10:47 am - MA
VSG on 11/13/12

Hi all, it's been awhile since I've posted.  Back to work just 12 day after surgery and it's been so busy since! Tomorrow will be 4 weeks since my surgery and all has been going pretty well. Tired sometimes and a struggle to get in all the liquids.  Eating well- lots of tuna, egg beaters, Fage yogurt, veggie burgers, ground turkey, cauliflower, occasional protein shake, laughing cow and string cheese, some protein products, etc.I am finding myself craving raw fresh food- especially salad and fruit.  A few personal reviews: I like the protein pancakes and hot chocolate from my bariatric pantry. Hated the puddings and the "oatmeal" has the consistency of wallpaper paste and a horrible mouth feel. My opinion of course, ymmv! PB 2 and chocolate protein powder make a yummy shake, as does vanilla pp and Torini Brown Sugar Cinnamon.

I find I can eat a bit more than expected in volume ar one meal but staying within limits of calories and getting in all protein. I am down 18 lbs! Slow and steady- I'm good with that. Best news- normal blood sugars, normal blood pressure- off both meds!!  I use MY Fitness Pal to journal food daily.  I'd love som wls friends if you are there. My username is seaco11.

Happy Hanukah to all who celebrate.  Miss potato pancakes? Try these:

Faux Latkes (potato pancakes)

Aprox 1 and 1/2 cups mashed and cauliflower, seasoned with salt/pepper and/or your favorite spices (Add more or less cauliflower depending on the consistency you get, it will be looser than a potato batter, but you don't want it really runny. So adjust cauliflower and/or protien powder to firm it a bit)

1 egg or 2 egg whites

Aprox 1 scoop unflavored protein powder (I used unjury)

Drop a 2 tablespoon pancake onto a hot and oil sprayed non stick pan.  Let pancake completely set/brown before turning so it stays together.  Flip and brown on other side.

I served with homemade applesauce and greek yogurt (had a splash of vanilla sf syrup) My husband tried them and declared them good ;) I will be making real potato latkes for him and 2 friends tomorrow, and have these for me!

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the holiday season!

Ellyn

Ellyn 

bluerskies
on 12/10/12 11:05 am
VSG on 06/25/12

Glad to hear that you are doing welll!  I just added you on mfp.  Congrats on the 18 lbs down!  This is just the beginning!!  :)

Jessica

seaco11
on 12/10/12 12:37 pm - MA
VSG on 11/13/12
Thank you

Ellyn 

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 6:15 am

I agree with you on your product reviews.  I will try the cauliflower pancakes.  You might also want to try the cheese pancake recipe I have on my blog.  It too works well for "fake latkes" and I love the taste.  I also make zucchini pancakes that can substitute for latkes.  Happy Hanukkah to you and yours.  

seaco11
on 12/11/12 6:34 am - MA
VSG on 11/13/12
Thank you Elina. Happy Hanukkah to you as well. I usually make potato w zucchini pancakes but will try just the veggie, thanks. Off to see your cheese pancake recipe!

Ellyn 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views