Steak Marinade?

NewtoYou
on 12/11/12 3:50 am
VSG on 09/10/12

Does anyone have any recipes that are carb friendly?  I'm not a big red meat person, but would love to have a steak!    

Thanks in advance!

MY food is fuel, not a reward.  Its purpose is to sustain my body, not my soul.   ~ rhearob
Learning to love myself.

mimij
on 12/11/12 3:55 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

I like dry rubs the best. You can find them anywhere from grocery store to Williams Sonoma.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

NewtoYou
on 12/11/12 4:21 am
VSG on 09/10/12

do they help to tenderize it? 

MY food is fuel, not a reward.  Its purpose is to sustain my body, not my soul.   ~ rhearob
Learning to love myself.

71dart
on 12/11/12 4:34 am
VSG on 08/06/12 with
I marinate/age beef for about a week in Worchestershire sauce in the back of the fridge. Turning daily. The aging lets the enzymes naturally tenderize it.

Christine Heusinger
on 12/11/12 4:46 am - GA

How long ago did you have your WLS? 

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

NewtoYou
on 12/11/12 4:48 am
VSG on 09/10/12

3 months out.   Steak for supper tonight and 6 of us to feed... marinating in the fridge for a week unfortunately not an option.  

Learning to love myself.

Christine Heusinger
on 12/11/12 5:33 am - GA

I guess I'm surprised that you are already having red meat. I figured it would be months and months before I tried beef!

Surgery: Thursday,  December 6 at Wellstar Kennestone in Marietta, GA

HW (July): 243      3 days before surgery:  235   Current: 166

(I can't figure out how to control this ticker)        

NewtoYou
on 12/12/12 3:10 am
VSG on 09/10/12

it won't take long!  I was eating chicken at 2 weeks, hamburg at 4 and at 6 weeks there is nothing I can't have.  

Learning to love myself.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/11/12 4:55 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Fresh cut onions, pressed garlic cloves, a bit of wine vinegar, salt, pepper, a dash of olive oil. Turn it over a few times, coat well and grill. Works for all meats including lamb, beef, pork, chicken....this is when you want to keep it simple...and quick.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

(deactivated member)
on 12/11/12 5:05 am - Newnan, GA
VSG on 05/04/09 with

Ha - I just shared this with my bubs the other day.

This is superdeelicious on red meats, salads, smooshed in with mayo for lube, and drizzled on sandwiches, veggies roasted in,   I am roasting up a marinated beast, and it smells heavenly and wondered if I had shared it.

1 cup – a “batch”

½ cup oil (whatever kind you like, if I can find a Zesty Italian dipping oil, that works nicely!) original recipe uses olive

¼ cup red wine vinegar (I prefer balsamic, but any vinegar will do)

¼ cup low sodium soy or tamari (I use Braggs Aminos, but low sodium is important or its just too salty)

****pots of smashed up garlic (****pots, goo gobs, boatloads.  Not necessary but ooh.. mmmmm).

If I do not use a zesty Italian dipping oil, then I tend to put some hearty pinches of provincial herbs or Italian seasoning in there, not necessary, but again with the yum.

Most Active