Surgery Dec. 26

monique225
on 12/14/12 11:29 pm - LA

Hello all,

Its been a while since I have been on here, but I have my surgery date for Dec.26 and I'm excited and scared at the same time. I have never had an surgery in my life, and just the thought of me wanting to change my lifestyle and something happens has me terrified. I believe in the Almighty God, and I have faith in everything I do but it still plays in the back of my mind. I just need some encouragement to move forward cause I can see myself not going through with this, I came to far to turn back now. I started my liquids on Dec.13 and thought I would have an hard time with the liquids but I'm doing that better than anything else. I'm self-motivated and have plenty support from my mother, hubby and other family members, but that don't keep me from being scared....

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/14/12 11:35 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
December 26 is my wedding anniversary. Its a good day! You will do great! I had no prior surgery either and it was fine. I had many terrified melt downs pre op. just keep moving forward and cycle through the fear. Life on the other side is great!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

monique225
on 12/15/12 2:50 am - LA

Thanks you all fo the kind words, that really helped me I'm smiling from ear to ear just to hear the kind words...And you are so right God holds the key to a new journey and I looked at it that way but over looked it.....I'm so greatful that I could get on here and get this support from you guys....please keep me in your prayers....

NightPantheress
on 12/15/12 12:24 am - New Caney, TX

You will be okay. Trust me, I was jittery as hell last week when I got my sleeve. It will be okay and remember, God holds the keys to any new journey we start on.  I'll start praying for you darling.

monique225
on 12/15/12 2:50 am - LA

Thanks you all fo the kind words, that really helped me I'm smiling from ear to ear just to hear the kind words...And you are so right God holds the key to a new journey and I looked at it that way but over looked it.....I'm so greatful that I could get on here and get this support from you guys....please keep me in your prayers....

sweetangelmd37
on 12/15/12 1:19 am
Congratulations on your surgery date. I cant wait to get the date. Looks like it will be 6 months away. Just found out I have to do the 6 month diet.
monique225
on 12/15/12 2:54 am - LA

That's great I had to do the 6 months process as well with united health care, I originally had Cigna which required 3 months but got an new job at Apple which covers it at 100%.....I just waiting patiently for this to surgery to be done and over with to live again....

Metime12.
on 12/15/12 3:48 am

Just like Julia, December 26 th is a special day for me, its the day my first son was born 25 years ago! I have had many major surgeries ranging from Caesarians to my VSG and was I nervous? Yes but I trusted in our Almighyband I was fine. You will be fine too, God bless you.

These are the first days of the rest of my life. I feel like i have gone through a rebirth, with a second chance for a new life to live and a new me to treasure! I will remain on the losers bench for the rest of my  healthier life!         
Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 29 views