slightly derailed

soulfull_ladee
on 12/15/12 4:44 am

Well, 19 months out, did not make goal (130) and have gained a couple pounds currently I am 145ish down from 205.  I am happy with my weight loss but scared of the "creeping"  weight gain. Could it be the grazing that allows me to eat all of my cafeteria bought lunch over a course of three hours? Is it the bag of chips each night? Maybe it's ladies night with the girls 1-2 times a week.  I am sure it does not help that I only work out an average of once a week, have a desk job and have not been to the Dr. post op.  Before you fuss at me do know the not following up with the Dr. was due to my job loss and no insurance, I must admit my sleeve has served me well with little effort on my part besides the initial do's and don't of WLS but now the honeymoon is over, and I need to get my head right - I was going to try the 5 day test thing thought about Alli but really I need help, so here I am where I know people will understand and help me.My surgery was May 2011 I am 5"2  in MN area need someone to talk to and help me be accountable  thanks for your support in advance

bigred_z
on 12/15/12 11:50 am - Independence, KY
VSG on 11/16/12

Sounds like you know exactly what is derailing you!  All of the above!  Now that you know the answer, you know what you have to do to get back on track.  Act now!  Don't let the scale keep creeping up and before you know it it's 10lbs, then 20lbs, then you say oh hell, might as well have this cake cookie pie and ice cream....that's how it went with me anyway!  Just know we've all been there.  Now go rock that sleeve!!

Lori RN, MS     Band 2/9/07 265lbs    Removed 4/13/12@ 185lbs (slip&erosion) Sleeve 11/16/12@ 225lbs  If I could get as excited about exercise as I am about a Big Mac...Now in ONEderland!!  197.4

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 12/15/12 3:21 pm
VSG on 10/09/12
I am only two months post op so by a longshot not an expert at this yet but I have read a lot on this board and everyone is unanimous that the longer you are out the harder it gets. You know what is derailing you so cut it out! You have a job now and insurance? No reason you can't join a support group now? Or use OH and my fitness pal as your support. I don't have a support group but I post here actively and on MFP and log all my food and exercise....yes once a week seems like it could be increased and that would be a benefit to you. You are 15 lbs away from goal!! Girl!!!! I think..I KNOW you can make it there! Go back to basics. Weigh, measure, log, drink (water!****il your eyeballs float (read that on here but can't remember who couned that phrase), eat dense proteins first, don't graze!!! You can do it!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

desertmom
on 12/15/12 7:58 pm - Dubai, XX
VSG on 03/13/12
Hi

I think rediscovering the power of protein and the effectiveness of the sleeve again is what you need.

Cutting out the refined stuff (all the white stuff) and not being hungry while you are doing it might just be the bomb..lol

Start eating solid proteins whenever you are hungry.For the first 3 days dont limit yourself too much as the carb detox phase makes us want to eat more,I think.

Snack on protiens,eat it as meals and cheat with proteins...lol

After 3 days or so the cravings for carbs should be way less and your "want" to eat should reduce.

Only then,introduce meals,3 and snacks,3 with somewhat controlled portions of veggies added to your meals.Then you tweak it until it works well for you.

I have to believe,whereas getting the head back in the game might be very difficult,the body might be very co-operative..lol

Good luck and do let us know how it is going.

Most Active