On my way

A_NewFuture
on 12/19/12 5:30 am - Saginaw, MI

Hi, I have an update I am so happy to share with ya all :) I started off way over 400 lbs. as of yesterday when I went for a check up, I weighted in at 198! I was so happy! angry, never did I think I would see this weight in my life time. I am not longer on insulin or diabetic pills bc I am no longer a Diabetic, no longer have high blood pressure, I was once on 24 pills a day, I am now on 5 pills. A lot of my medical problems I no longer have. I have a lot more energy, go more places bc I no longer fear if the chairs can hold me, or if there is room to walk in. I have clothes never thought I could fit into. Not afrid to go with other ppl in their cars for fear of the seat belts not fitting. I give the credit for this 1st to God, bc without Him it never would have been done, but bc He took all my fears I was able to have the surgery, thanks to Frances and my brother Carlos, who stood by me in my recovery, my support group, and their encouraging words of keep on or ya can do it. So for those of ya who are thinking of doing this please do, it will be the best thing ya ever do and if there is anything I can do to help please just let me know and I will more than willing to. Do this for ya and ur love ones, but mostly for a healthier life, may God Bless ya with a healthy New Year and a Blessed Merry Christmas.

With Gods help I am going to beat this!  

LunaChic
on 12/19/12 5:34 am - Newark, NJ
VSG on 04/12/12 with

Absolutely inspiring!  Congratulations and have a Very Merry Christmas too!  :)

Sleeved on 4/12/2012

MyFitnessPal:  MissLunaChic      (Looking for friends - feel free to add me!)

A_NewFuture
on 12/19/12 6:25 am - Saginaw, MI

Thank ya for such kind words, have a blessed day :)

CaraS.
on 12/19/12 5:49 am - CA

That's an amazing accomplishment!  The weight loss is wonderful but it must feel amazing to be healthy and not have diabetes or have high blood pressure anymore.  Pure inspiration!  

~ Cara

A_NewFuture
on 12/19/12 6:23 am - Saginaw, MI

it truly is, I had diabetes at the age of 36, I am now 56, so I am getting use to that news :) I began to be in the hospital more than being home, now I wish for all of us to be happy within themselves Thank ya God Bless

PrettyEyes_41
on 12/19/12 6:00 am - MS
VSG on 06/12/12

What an inspiration! CONGRATULATIONS on all your losses (medical issues, weight, social issues) haha! angry

Gale     Age: 55, Height: 5' 5.5", HW: 236, SW: 210, 1st GW: 150.  Surgery BMI: 39.3  Extremely HBP, High Cholesterol & borderline diabetic.      

A_NewFuture
on 12/19/12 6:21 am - Saginaw, MI

thank ya so much :) I am very happy, its been like almost 6 years I was homebound, so to go out for some, was very scary, for me. I find old habbits hard to break, but I am also finding new ones are good. God Bless :)

SweetJanee
on 12/19/12 6:53 am
VSG on 03/26/13
Woo hoo praise God! I have prayed n know I'm making the best decision w vsg :) I have been overweight since I was 8!! But awesome job so happy for u thanks for the encouraging post. God bless u
A_NewFuture
on 12/19/12 6:58 am - Saginaw, MI

oh yea I was over weight at a early age as well, but now this is like starting a new life, I am put up some pics of b4 and now, its like a new person, good luck with ur surgery, and may God help ya as He did me. Merry Christmas :)

Nikke2003
on 12/19/12 9:02 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats! You are an inspiration to people like myself that have more than 200 lbs to lose and fear that it isn't possible, despite hard work.  Thanks for sharing!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views