Venting

Laci M.
on 12/22/12 5:50 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Started off the day wonderfully...over an hour at the gym, treadmill, bike, elliptical and some weight resistance exercises.  Now?  All I want to do is eat!!

I'm not sure if I'm physically hungry or bored.

Actually, I know I'm physically hungry, but other days, I'm not nearly as bad as I am today.

Here's hoping I can get through the rest of the weekend and the holiday without eating more than I'm supposed to.  

D. Scott
on 12/22/12 6:26 am
RNY with

Im hungry all the time :( It never went away at all. I am setting specific goals hoping to minimize it by taking my ppi, drinking all my water +, and getting in my protein, however it is super frustrating to be the exception when others have lost their hunger. One of the biggest challenges is I can barely eat a 2 oz and the physical symptoms I get from hunger (i.e shakiness) doesn't go away immediately from those 2 oz so I stop eating still feeling hunger and major frustration. About 10 minutes after I finish eating I feel better but an hour or two later it all starts up again. I am really struggling :( Best of luck to you!

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

ruggie
on 12/22/12 7:54 am - Sacramento, CA

You will adjust and adapt in time.

Heaviest weight:  310 pounds  (Male, 5'10")

happyteacher
on 12/22/12 11:21 am

I am a hungry chick too.  Things I swear by... eat slowly.  It gives our stomachs time to register that we are satiated.  I can put down quite a bit more than most here, so this is important.  It is ok if you get hungry 2 hours after you eat, this is kinda normal if you think about it.  Plan for this... I would eat 6 times a day, measured portions that would hit my protein, fiber,  and calcium targets.  Protein first- this is especially important to help stave off hunger.  If you eat only carbs at meals, you will be famished in no time and kicking off a nasty cycle.  Don't get me wrong, I was not a low carb person... but mindful.  Just take care building your good habits now and it will work out :0)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

D. Scott
on 12/22/12 11:36 am
RNY with

Thank You!!! Your words make me hopeful :)

Sleeve Revision from Lap-band November 23, 2012

Starting Weight: 236 Lowest Weight w/ Lap-Band: 160 Current Weight: 190

Goal Weight: 150...40lbs to go

Laci M.
on 12/22/12 8:05 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Most days, I'm almost never hungry.  I think it's because I'm home and bored and not on a schedule.  I hate to say this, but it's so much easier when I'm at work.  I eat at the same time, I do the same things...being on a schedule makes everything easier.

louisamay
on 12/22/12 9:29 am
VSG on 04/27/12

Nothing wrong with that. Maybe you should check the clock and stick to your schedule on weekends.

Sometimes when I expend a lot more energy than usual, I do find I need more calories, it seems.

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

louisamay
on 12/22/12 9:31 am
VSG on 04/27/12

By the way--read a good book. Watch a movie. Do something interesting!

[I'm not gaining weight. I keep lowering my goal!] [I LOVE MY SLEEVE!]

Laci M.
on 12/22/12 11:26 am
VSG on 10/09/12

I should really get some more books!!

Most Active